20% off if used in two years

SueG

Okay, here is the deal. I was on the 10/10/10 sailing of the Legend when a hurricane had us everywhere but on an island. I did get 20% off my next cruise if I took it within the next two years.

I called my PVP and he told me I had to set sail before the 10th. So, I would be able to take the 10/7/12 cruise.

When I called to see if I purchased one of those Future Cruise Certificates ( yep, no mind left here, I could not remember) the lady told me I have to be done sailing by the 10th to get the 20% off. Which would really screw up my 50th birthday celebration on 10/8/12.

So, who is right? I am hoping my PVP is right. I think he is, only because he has been doing this for some time.

Thanks

I had a 20% off for missing ports a couple of years ago and I just had to book a cruise that departed within 2 years, not completed within 2 years.

That is what my PVP said. It has to set sail before the 10th.

I sure hope he is right. I have not booked yet, still waiting to make sure of this whole thing.

Not to muddy the waters and mine was an ES cancellation that had to be used within 2 years - but I've been told 4 different times in the last 1 1/2 years by 4 different CSR's that I cancelled my ES on 8/4/2010 and the new cruise has to have been COMPLETED by 8/4/2012. Again, this is ES so they may not treat it the same but wanted to let you know my experience.

Hopefully, yours will be different.

I was on the 10/10/10 sailing of the Conquest & got 20% off a future cruise also. The wording is "You'll need to sail by October 12, 2012."

Finishing sailing or be sailing?? LOL I may never know..... Thanks.

We had the same issue on the Dream this year with missing ports - got our 20% discounts off our next cruise and in the fine wording it says : You'll need to Sail by January 12 2013 (so the ship needs to sail by Jan 12th - so I emailed this to our PVP and he confirmed we just need to sail by that date so we booked a

January 6th 2013 departure on a 7 day cruise

Does your 20% discount say that in the fine print?

We had the same issue on the Dream this year with missing ports - got our 20% discounts off our next cruise and in the fine wording it says : You'll need to Sail by January 12 2013 (so the ship needs to sail by Jan 12th - so I emailed this to our PVP and he confirmed we just need to sail by that date so we booked a

January 6th 2013 departure on a 7 day cruise

Does your 20% discount say that in the fine print?

I am out of state training until Christmas. So, I have no idea. I will try and find it when I get back home. Thank you though.

When did the 20% come off your cruise? Right when you booked? I do not want this to be a surprise at the end.

Thanks again.

we had the most terrible cruise of all last december. we missed three of the four stops, there were barf bags by the elevator, someone was air lifted off the ship, and a rogue wave literally had us on tilt, everything fell off the shelves in all the shops and dishes in the mdr, and people fell, they gave us 15% off our next cruise based on what we paid for that cruise. only ONE big problem, if we choose to sail out of tampa the only ship that hal has there is the ryndam, and i wouldn't set foot on her ever ever again. so bye, bye 15%.

We had 25% discount coupons for a cancelled Splendor cruise after the fire. They were applied at the time we made our reservation for the next cruise, so that we knew exactly what our final payment amount would be.

Make sure to keep in mind that the discount is taken off of the cruise fare only, not the gov't taxes.

I had a 50% off to use for my next cruise that I booked for Feb 2012, with ours you had to set sail before the expiry date on the letter. Ours was actually for a 6 days cruise, but we ended up with a 7 day and were still able to use it. You might want to check the wording as to how many days your next cruise needs to be, I didn't realize that ours was limited to 6 but we were going to use it for a 7 until the last minute which was a very panicky moment, but it all worked out in the end. It seems like they have a bit of discretion with these things, I used a TA however, not a PVP.

sjn911 - just double check with Carnival since yours (like mine) is due to ES cancellation NOT a % off next cruise - I think the rules may be a little different - or of course, which customer rep you're talking to at the time if you have to set sail before that cancellation date or complete your sale before that cancellation date. Not sure just what they've been telling me :) (doesn't mean they're right but......)

We will be on our 25th milestone cruise on Carnival in March. I've heard both answers to this question but want to know if the 25% off a future cruise will be applied to the cruise fare or given to us as an OBC.

It will make a difference in whether to book the Magic in September or the Conquest in September since the itineraries are exactly the same (though one leaves from Galveston and one from NOLA) but the Magic is $280pp more than the Conquest.

Archived