?? re: cancellation policy (not ES)

New2Cruising24

Just wondering, and you all on CC know much more than I :)

this is the cancellation policy as per carnival's site...

6, 7 and 8 day cruises Up to 76 days None (except for Early Saver Fares*)

75 to 46 days Deposit

45 to 30 days 50% of Total Fare

29 to 15 days 75% of Total Fare

14 days or less 100% of total Fare

What if between day 75 - 14, we can't go, but don't really want to "cancel" but re-book, will we still lose the money as per their schedule or will they use that towards the new booking?

TIA :D

Normally, you would lose it.That is why I always get insurance.

Thanks cuyahoga, we will probably get insurance but just wondering. Thanks for the info.

Re: insurance, what costs do you insure? I believe pre-paid gratuities and government fees/taxes are both refundable if the cruise is cancelled? So I would just have to insure the cruise fare (or carnival's total fare = cruise fare, air supplement, transfer services, vac packages). So for us only cruise fare as we don't have any of the other charges? RIGHT?? So confused.

cruise_pirate - yikes, i was afraid of that?! :confused:

Thanks cuyahoga, we will probably get insurance but just wondering. Thanks for the info.

Re: insurance, what costs do you insure? I believe pre-paid gratuities and government fees/taxes are both refundable if the cruise is cancelled? So I would just have to insure the cruise fare (or carnival's total fare = cruise fare, air supplement, transfer services, vac packages). So for us only cruise fare as we don't have any of the other charges? RIGHT?? So confused.

cruise_pirate - yikes, i was afraid of that?! :confused:

Yes, gratuities & fees/taxes are refundable, so you would include only non-refundable expenses... if you're flying, include that, and any non-refundable excursion purchases. You can always call & adjust the amount of your coverage after initial insurance purchase.

Yes, gratuities & fees/taxes are refundable, so you would include only non-refundable expenses... if you're flying, include that, and any non-refundable excursion purchases. You can always call & adjust the amount of your coverage after initial insurance purchase.

Thanks for the info :)

Just remember that if you get insurance you are going to have to buy cancel for any reason insurance, and because you have started this thread there is a potential paper trail that they might find to deny any coverage as you are possibly planning to cancel.

Archived