Balcony on NCL Sun

cruisecap

We are looking to go on the Sun in March of 2005. Can anyone recommend what balcony selection they have had or would make. The information I am finding seems a bit different. Can anyone confirm the size of the room and balcony? I am finding the following:

BE - Room 150' Balcony 85'

BC - Room 173' Balcony 48'

BB - Room 222' Balcony 48'

Thanks

hi

we sailed on the sun Nov 2003. We had a bb but were upgraded to a suite. At any rate, the balcony's all seem to be the same size. maybe a few inches smaller or larger on some decks, but they are big enough for 2 chairs and I think we had a tiny table on ours. Friends in a bb had a balcony that looked to be about the same size.

you are going to love having it no matter what you decide

have a great cruise

UNTIL NCL SUN 11/23/2003

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=ff00ff&cdt=2003;11;23;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

S/S NORWAY 10/06/2002

We had a BC. The balcony itself had room for two chairs and a small table. The interior was very roomy with full size sofa that converted into a second bed. Lots of storage space, small fridge, and water heating pot with a selection of tea.

I can't remember if we had a BB or BC but the balcony though small was very private which we really enjoyed the cabin well appointed and comfortable.

NMNita

Commodore 1984, Costa 1985, RCL 1987, Chandris 1989, NCL 1989, Commodore, 1991, NCL 1997, Carnival 1997, Carnival 1998,NCL 1998, NCL 1999, RCL 2000, RCL 2000, NCL 2002,NCL 2003, Celebrity 2003, NCL 2004

We were on the Sun in Feb 04 and had a Balcony Cabin off the back of the ship...I think it was category BD. We thought the balcony was more than big enough. We had two large lounge chairs, a table, and still plenty of room to walk around. As well, we found it very private which was important to us. I wouldn't go without a balcony again.

"Today's challenges are tomorrow's successes!"

We were actually in an AD suite and we'll never go in anything less now. The little extra to spend for this suite was more than worth it. The balcony had two chairs, two chaise lounge chairs and a table. We never went to the poolside to get sun, we simply went out the door and relaxed like never before.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cguyer:

We were actually in an AD suite and we'll never go in anything less now. The little extra to spend for this suite was more than worth it. .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This got my curiosity up so I checked. My present balcony is running $1563 the AD would be $3242. We all have different comfort zones, but on the cruise we've booked, it's more than double instead of a little extra.

-Monte

some of my cruising photos:

http://community.webshots.com/user/m1bisson

A bad day cruising is better than a good day at work.

The worst cruise I ever took was pretty damned good.

Platinum with RCI, a couple cruises with NCL and 1 with CCL

Clock remove but cruise in Dec

Just curious which balony you got for $1563 on the Sun.

The AD is currently $1573 per person on a March cruise in 2005

or an AE is currently $1138 pp.

Tax and Port fees are $228

I validated this price to my TA and he honored it when he confirmed it to be offered through the internet. It allows me to shop for a good price and still see if I can do local business.

Anyway, budget does play a part for a great many of us. One of my most fun cruises I had was a lower level inside cabin on the old Dolphin ship. My wife paid under $300 then. All cruises can be as fun as you make them. But, should the chance arise to get a suite please go the extra to experience it.

The prices I mentioned were for the Dec 11 sailing and it was the total price for 2 (incl tax and port). We're in a BC.

Each sailing can fluctuate wildly, but I was just hoping a Penthouse could be not a whole lot more than a balcony. icon_wink.gif

-Monte

[This message was edited by mbisson on 05-09-04 at 10:36 PM.]

For that same week your going you could get a AF minisuite at the rear of the ship with a larger bacony and an additional 90 sq ft room for $1668 plus Tax & Port fees. Then make sure to check with your TA agent when you get within 60 days of sailing for a free upgrade. No matter what, enjoy the cruise.

I couldn't find a BC cabin for the price you have that included everything.

The AF was $834 + $228(port/Tax fees)= $1062pp or $2124 for everything.

cruises-n-more is where I verified price.

Then when I verify this I go to my local Travel Agent and see if they can make a profit for themselves and honor the price I found via the internet.

Only 33 days to go? You're so lucky. It looks as if it's going to be a thanksgiving cruise for us. We are going to take our son on his first cruise. I'm just tryin' to help others get into a suite life. If they go on this ship they get to enjoy Ray. Hope your family is doing well, if you get this w3ay just drop an email

Archived