Cabin Gathering

lizabet623

OK here is the back story:

Hubby and I and 2 other couples are going to Alaska in June. We booked the 9B they have interiors.

We wanted to have a small gathering probably one day and am wondering how to cater a small party. Or do you just order room service? If I can do this without spending any extra cash (other than liqueur) that would be better, but am open to all suggestions.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Liz

Depends upon what you want to serve your guests.

We have done this be liberating some snacks from the lido deck. Or you could order what you want from room service.

As above and a couple of Bon Voyage liqour bottles and you are set!!

We just had a small party in our cabin for 17 people and we brought a couple of different types of peanuts with us. We ordered the veggies and dip from room service and more wine and champagne glasses to use with the drinks we brought on board. It went very well.

Sounds like Stu is a member of the snack rescue group that is on all ships… ;)

Actually we have only done this twice.

Once when we had an aft wrap and had a cocktail party for our roll call, and another time when we had a cabin crawl and decided to supply munchies to our members.

I usually host a gathering on my aft-wrap, when I sail on the Miracle. My guests bring their own cocktails. I bring assorted cheeses, pepperoni, and crackers from home. I also order 5-6 crudite platters from room service, and potato chips. Seems to work well.

We hosted a gathering earlier this year and ordered two buckets of Corona and some pretzels and chips from room service. DH also "liberated" some cheese from the Lido deck (thanks, golfadj:p). We had brought a couple of bottles of wine aboard and one of our guests added a bottle that she had brought.

We hosted a gathering earlier this year and ordered two buckets of Corona and some pretzels and chips from room service. DH also "liberated" some cheese from the Lido deck (thanks, golfadj:p). We had brought a couple of bottles of wine aboard and one of our guests added a bottle that she had brought.

My pleasure, always wanted to be famous for something.

We always have a happy hour type party in our cabin and ordering from room service is the way to go. I have also ordered a bucket of beer and carried on wine that we open that night. For our cruise in Feb. we will have an extended balcony with family next to us with the same. We are hoping to open the dividers and really have a party!

Recently,we had a party with about 20 people in a suite (not mine) on Spirit. There were several veggie bowls, cheese, and lunch meat. All from the lido. Also everyone brought something to drink and on that cruise platinum cruisers got coolers so we put beer and pop in a couple of coolers with ice from lido. We had a blast.

Archived