Please help with Cabin Selection for the Carnival Liberty

FlaGrl4Evr

We would really love to hear form other cruisers that have sailed the CCL Liberty. We are in the planning stages for either an April or May 2013 7 day cruise with ports in San Juan, Gran Turk, St Thomas and Half Moon Cay, with 2 days at sea.

We have sailed the Spirit class and Fantasy class ships but not the Conquest class. We have heard lots of great things about the new 2.0 upgrades to the Liberty so this and the great ports are the reason for our ship choice. We know we want a balcony but not sure where. We have heard lots of good things about staying on deck 10-Panorama. This is where the movies under the stars are held and this deck also has a water slide as well as some lounge chairs that look down to the Lido deck to see the action while not actually being caught up in it. Our other 2 choices would be on deck-6-Upper near the front elevators. We would be over the Gift shops so no worries about being under a night club or such plus this location would be very convenient to the theatre and the lower public decks. Another option, would be deck-7-Empress but behind the middle elevators. While this deck would have cabins above and below, the location IMO may not be ideal. Our last 2 cruises we have had cabins between the middle and aft elevators and it seemed like we were far from anything. In addition, the deck 6 and 7 cabins would be a $60 pp savings from a balcony on deck 10. The $120 is not really a huge deal as we are so far out, I just want to be happy with our location.

One other thing that I should mention is that my husband is a smoker. So would a balcony on the Panorama be better? Please no flames here because of the smoking, we just want to make a good choice.

Here is the deck plan to the Liberty https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/the_fleet/interactive_map/liberty/interactivemap.html

Any other tips about the Liberty would be appreciated.

Thank you. :)

Edited by Hoosiercouple

We're booked on the Liberty in April 2013. I chose a cabin on Empress aft with an extra long balcony (the ones beside the aft wraps). I chose this deck because of the fact that there are cabins above and below. Our two kids will be in an inside across the hall so the extra long balcony will be great. Also, not that it is a huge deal, but being near the back elevators will allow us to go straight up to the aft dining room, which I believe I have read, is where ATD is, instead of getting off on one deck, and then having to get on different elevators to go back down.

Our favorite cabin on this class is 7411 which is an 8B.

You are sandwiched between two decks pf cabins. away from public area.

No across the hall neighbors- this is where the fire door is stored.

Up two decks is your food- down two decks for entertainment.

Most people who are in the aft cabins with traditional dining will get the aft dining room.

If someone on the aft side of the aft elevator gets the midship dining room- all they have to do is go to the midship elevators to get you to the dining room.

The aft elevators only get you to the aft dining room (because of the dead end.

We're booked on the Liberty in April 2013. I chose a cabin on Empress aft with an extra long balcony (the ones beside the aft wraps). I chose this deck because of the fact that there are cabins above and below. Our two kids will be in an inside across the hall so the extra long balcony will be great. Also, not that it is a huge deal, but being near the back elevators will allow us to go straight up to the aft dining room, which I believe I have read, is where ATD is, instead of getting off on one deck, and then having to get on different elevators to go back down.

I am one of the few people who did not like the cabin. no place at all to sit.

http://travel.webshots.com/*****

• 2 weeks later...

I think it depends a lot on how you plan to use the room as to whether you will like it or not. We do fine without a sofa. On our last cruise we had 4 in the cabin and had the sofa bed and bunk bed left as beds for the week so we didn't have a sofa then either - just found it much easier for our kids. Whenever we were in our room, we were either sleeping/napping or showering - never sat in the room - we were always on the balcony (3 or 4 at a time on the little balcony). This time the kids are going to be across the hall in an inside and the extra long balcony will be great for all of us to sit on, and if we can't get extra chairs, we'll be able to bring the vanity stools from both rooms onto the balcony if all four of us are out there at once.

I tried to access the website you posted for travel. webshots.com and it is INFECTED WITH A VIRUS PER MY VIRUS PROGRAM BY KASPERSKI. Thought you and others would/should know about this issue.:(

Rob

ROB

• 2 years later...
Fla Girl Which cabin did you end up with on Liberty? Was it Quiet around it?

you are responding to a post from 2011

If you get a cabin above and below cabin space you should have no noise issues.

Fla Girl Which cabin did you end up with on Liberty? Was it Quiet around it?

We ended up booking 7356 an 8C balcony cabin-port side- on the Empress deck. Mid-ship with cabins both above and below. Nothing across from the room but some type of a door that we never saw/heard being used. Also, the cabins to each side of us were doubles, so we got lucky and ended up with two very quiet couples.

In addition, we booked my son and his college friend, in an inside 7354 which was caddy-corner across from our cabin. They were the last room in a short row of inside cabins, also next to that door, so it was quiet for them. They only had one cabin neighbor, so another plus for them.

Both cabins were a good choice for us and I would book them again due to location. I am one that really does like a mid-ship location and having the option of the middle and aft elevators was a plus.

Edited by FlaGrl4Evr