Sailing in the S1 (Garden Villa) in January, limo question

roveer

I was fortunate to get a reservation in a Garden Villa for January 2012 and wanted to know about the limo service. It says "from area airport" but we live in northern NJ. The last time I sailed S1 I neglected to enquire about this service and someone had responded that they will pick you up in the tri-state area.

Does anyone know if this is true. Figured I'd ask here before I call. My family would really get a kick out of Limo service to and from the port. Are these strech limo's? How do they handle luggage? Besides the "wow" factor I'd be saving the 200 port parking fees. Just don't want it to turn into a huge PITA. Driving in and parking was so easy the last time, but again, it could be fun.

I was fortunate to get a reservation in a Garden Villa for January 2012 and wanted to know about the limo service. It says "from area airport" but we live in northern NJ. The last time I sailed S1 I neglected to enquire about this service and someone had responded that they will pick you up in the tri-state area.

Does anyone know if this is true. Figured I'd ask here before I call. My family would really get a kick out of Limo service to and from the port. Are these strech limo's? How do they handle luggage? Besides the "wow" factor I'd be saving the 200 port parking fees. Just don't want it to turn into a huge PITA. Driving in and parking was so easy the last time, but again, it could be fun.

We only had a limo from the port to the airport on our GV stay, I'm sure someone will chime in and say otherwise.

The last time I was in an S1, they offered limo service only from the port to the airport. In other words, it was a one-way trip at the end of the cruise only. I don't know if anything has changed.

We were in the GV on the Gem this past May and we used the limo service to bring my step son to JFk...they sent a stretch to pick up one person..

I'm really not sure about home pick up or drop off...

Have a great cruise...

We only had a limo from the port to the airport on our GV stay, I'm sure someone will chime in and say otherwise.

This is correct. The free transportation is only for after the cruise to the airport or to your home if you live in the immediate area. Also, don't necessarily expect a "limo". We were taken to the airport in a van which was a minor disappointment.

I live in Queens about 10 minutes from LaGuardia Airport. I called NCL beforehand to ask if I could use the limo to get home since we were using a car service to get to the pier. The rep told me no on the phone so we set up to have the car service pick us up for the trip home. Three or four days into the trip Anoop our concierge asked where we would need to go for our return trip, I told him what we had been told and he said he controlled where the cars went and we had the car take us home. It wound up being 2 vans one for passengers on for luggage, we tend to overpack :D.

-Michelle

I, too, am in a GV in January and was wondering the same thing. I would have sworn that I read something that stated they would take you to the airport or other local destination, but now I can't find the local destination portion. I'm getting worried because we are renting a car to drive back home but we are using a rental location not located at an airport (much cheaper). I'm hoping that since the Miami airport is the same distance as the rental location from the pier, they won't have a problem. Also, a lot of people fly out of Ft Lauderdale and we're not going nearly that far.

Thats a tough question. The transportation is set up by your concierge after you board. The concierge has some discretion as to where the service will take you. Unfortunately you won't have an answer until after you board..

Enjoy the Dawn and the GV. If Virginia is your concierge and Henry is your butler you are in for a big treat..

Archived