What to wear in the dining room?

turlock1

First time on Oceania and looking forward to no formal nights. I understand the dress code for evening wear, but during the day are shorts allowed in the dining room? We are going to the Caribbean so I know it will be warm there all the time.

First time on Oceania and looking forward to no formal nights. I understand the dress code for evening wear, but during the day are shorts allowed in the dining room? We are going to the Caribbean so I know it will be warm there all the time.
Yes, but not bathing suits with cover-ups.

Another but: it won't necessarily be all that warm in the dining room!

While I believe shorts are okay at lunch, you really shouldn't wear really short shorts there. I'm not sure that's an Oceania rule ... it's more of a Mura rule, perhaps.

From Oceania website: Q: Is there a dress code? A: Recommended onboard clothing is resort or country club casual. For evening dining, elegant casual resort wear is suggested. We request that jeans, shorts, t-shirts or tennis shoes not be worn at dinner.

On our last Oceania Cruise the country club casual was very much adhered too, which we liked or in other words smart-casual in the day, dressy casual at night, although many dressed up (not evening gowns and ties) but classy. Actually it was a lot like the brochure to us which was what we were looking for. Mind you its more on the smart casual side at Tapas on The Terrace which is expected.

Archived