Sail to st john

theduck57

check out trip advisor...go to st. thomas things to do...tours

there are many choices for sailing trips to St. Johns. We ended up choosing Captain Max for upcoming cruise.

Prices seem to be around 140 per person with the maximum of six people on a boat for a full day ( 6.5 to7 hours) which includes open bar, gourmet lunch, and snorkel equipment.

• 2 weeks later...

We just used simplicity charters for a day sail to st. john. It was our favorite excursion. The first mate has a degree in marine biology so pointed out lots of interesting things we would have missed while snorkeling and they have an adorable little dog who lives on the boat.

• 4 weeks later...
Which snorkel stops did you make on Highpockets? thx

With High Pockets, and I suspect all day sails are similar, when we got on Kathleen asked "what do you want to do and where would you like to go?" there is no SET plan and based on the winds she offered several different options.

It was like getting into a Limo and the driver asking "where to?" Along with great suggestions of possible options.

We eneded up mooring off of St. Johns near a resort and had some AMAZING snorkeling. We could have moved when we liked but it was such a perfect spot we snorkeled, ate an amazing lunch, snorkeled some more and headed back. The ONLY constraint was time i.e. getting back to the Cruise Ship on time.

I can't recommend High Pockets enough.

Are these all ~$140 per person for a full day? I understand that most of these go out of Red Hook bay where taxi fare is ~$12 pp one way.

I was actually hoping for something a lot cheaper that is closer to the cruiseship pier. Is there any hope of that?

Thanks.

Are these all ~$140 per person for a full day? I understand that most of these go out of Red Hook bay where taxi fare is ~$12 pp one way.

I was actually hoping for something a lot cheaper that is closer to the cruiseship pier. Is there any hope of that?

Thanks.

I am quite sure the prices vary. You'll have to do some digging.

The downside to Red Hook is that you have to take a taxi there. The good news is that it puts you much closer to St. John - this is a HUGE advantage.

The Taxi ride is kinda long too - maybe 20-30 minutes - since traffic just crawls on the island.

Thanks.

we're doing New Horizon's day sail to St John @ $75 pp, there are 2 snorkel stops with lunch and drinks, http://newhorizons.daysails.com/ looks good to us.

we're doing New Horizon's day sail to St John @ $75 pp, there are 2 snorkel stops with lunch and drinks, http://newhorizons.daysails.com/ looks good to us.

I love the $75 CASH per person, must book on-line requirement. Is that where you slip money into your hard drive or CD-Rom drawer lol!!

That seems like a heck of a good deal!!!! Only concern for me would be getting to/from St.Johns. How often does the ferry run? How much for the ferry?

You'll have a great time!

We are looking at that one too since we have a big group and they can accomodate up to 37 passengers. When is your excursion with New Horizons? Ours is the first week in April. Has anyone else sailed with them?

Thanks!

Archived