Activities near Tampa Rocky Point

UAcruiser

We're doing the same. I figure by the time we all get there (some driving and others flying in on different flights), it'll be 4:00 or better before we get settled in. We're planning on going to the Bahama Breeze restaurant adjacent to the hotel for dinner and drinks. By the time we're done doing that and after the long day of travel, we'll be ready to just relax for a couple of hours before getting a good nights rest in prep for what lies ahead the next day. :D That being said, I'm sure others will pop in and offer suggestions on what to do the evening before your cruise.

When are you cruising?

Cathy

My college age daughter and I are staying at the Tampa Holiday Inn Rocky Point and getting in around 3:30 for a cruise that leaves the next day. What would you recommend for fun activities for the day/evening?

Will you have a car? If not, like the above poster suggested, the Bahama Breeze is directly next door. They have an Island Style band that plays out on thier deck area. The restaurant overlooks the Bay and it is a nice way to spend a relaxing evening before the cruise. http://www.bahamabreeze.com/locations/?restaurantid=3004

The hotel also offers free shuttle service anywhere within a 4 mile area. There is a really nice upscale mall with lots of shopping and restaurants within this area. It is the International Plaza. http://www.shopinternationalplaza.com/

If you have a car then you could visit Ybor City, the Museum of Science and Industry, the Aquarium and many more venues.

:)

We're doing the same. I figure by the time we all get there (some driving and others flying in on different flights), it'll be 4:00 or better before we get settled in. We're planning on going to the Bahama Breeze restaurant adjacent to the hotel for dinner and drinks. By the time we're done doing that and after the long day of travel, we'll be ready to just relax for a couple of hours before getting a good nights rest in prep for what lies ahead the next day. :D That being said, I'm sure others will pop in and offer suggestions on what to do the evening before your cruise.

When are you cruising?

Cathy

We leave on the 10th!

Archived