Soda questions

geerhart

Is it cheaper to buy the soda card before the cruise, on board, or doesn't it matter? I read that soda can be taken on board in the carry on..can those cans be taken into the dining room for dinner or do you have to buy it from Carnival if you want it with dinner? Thanks for the help.

it is cheaper to buy the card after the cruise sails so you dont have to pay tax on it

You can bring soda onboard the ship in cans or bottles. You can only carry on soda, not in your check luggage. There is a limit to about 12 cans/bottles per person under 20 fl oz

If you bring your own soda, you can bring it with you to the dinning room to enjoy your meal

Individual sodas are $1.95 plus tip, and the unlimited soda sticker is $6/day plus tip (for adults). So if you plan to drink 3 per day or less, average, it's cheaper just to buy them individually. If you combine carry-ons with the occasional purchase, you are likely to come out cheaper not getting the sticker. Don't forget that if you've got a tour in your ports that include sodas, or on which you'll be buying them, that may satisfy your soda fix for the day. I find my 12 carry-ons to be plenty to last me the whole cruise. And you can certainly bring any drink you want with you to the dining room. If you decide on the soda sticker, you can wait until Day 2 and save money. They won't charge you for the first day.

Archived