Rome Courtyard Central Park

mlleach

I have not stayed there, so my comments are strictly from a logicistcal standpoint.

This hotel is about five miles from the heart of historic Rome, which is roughly like staying in Queens or Brooklyn when you are visiting Manhattan. You are technically in the same city, and really not that far away (5 miles), but traveling five miles in any city takes a lot longer than it does most other places. It's certainly not walking distance, at least not for most of us.

That said, if you have Marriott points and can stay here free, it may be worth it to you to spend some money on cabs back and forth.

There is a regional train station, Gemelli, very close. This is on line FR3 which will take you into town. You can transfer to the metro and buses to get to where you want to go. The line ends at the Ostiense station.

Not that I am recommending it, but if you don't mind being away from sights, it certainly is possible to go to and fro.

Archived