Restraunt on Oahu - Shorebird?

breeding

When my husband and I were on Oahu 10 years ago we ate at a restraunt that was on Waikki Beach and you cooked the food on a big grill yourself. Was this called the Shorebird restraunt? Is it still there? My DH also thought that he remembered that there was another one on Maui - Is there one like that? Where is it? Thank you for all your information!!

The Shorebird is a lot of fun. Years ago, when a was a flight attendant, we would head over there during every layover in Waikiki. My husband and I still try to eat there whenever we are in the area. I believe they only do the cook-your-own beach "broiler" during dinner. I have just a couple of suggestions. If possible, wait for a table by the ocean. And, if it is still set up the same, with the salad bar included with your entree, don't get sucked into ordering the expensive baked potato. The salad bar has rice, fried rice and lots of interesting salads to choose from. You will not go hungry. Enjoy!!!

kapoho2, thanks for the clarification...yes, it is the Outrigger Reef. I went to their web site and the Shore Bird and the Hut both look good. Originally, we had decided to go to the Royal Hawaiian Luau, however, now may consider the Outrigger Reef for a nice dinner. My DH, myself, and our traveling mates have been to luaus so this place may well fit nicely.

How far would you say it is from the Aloha Tower (dock for our ship)?

Grace

Ok, thanks for the address. I remember the Outrigger Reef, from former visits.

Gracecarmo you can reach this place by citybus, as far as I remember will take abt. 25/30 minutes.

A cab will be abt. 15 minutes I think

Yes the Shorebird is still open in Waikiki.

Thank you - We had such a great meal last time (of course we wouldn't have gone twice if we didn't) that we want to take the whole family this time. They are excited to get to experience the whole thing!!

Archived