3 year old on an 8 night cruise from NY

JenPett

Hi,

We are looking into taking a Disney cruise out of NY for the 8-night Bahamian cruise. Last summer, we took our first cruise aboard Carnival (because they allowed 2 year olds to participate in the kid's club).

We are planning for July and our son will turn 3 in June. We are hoping that he will be potty-trained by then, but you never know! Will he be able to participate in the Oceaneer's Club if he is not fully potty-trained? Can I participate with him there? (I know that on Carnival, we could not be in the kid's club).

Thanks for any info!

JenPett

Hi,

We are looking into taking a Disney cruise out of NY for the 8-night Bahamian cruise. Last summer, we took our first cruise aboard Carnival (because they allowed 2 year olds to participate in the kid's club).

We are planning for July and our son will turn 3 in June. We are hoping that he will be potty-trained by then, but you never know! Will he be able to participate in the Oceaneer's Club if he is not fully potty-trained? Can I participate with him there? (I know that on Carnival, we could not be in the kid's club).

Thanks for any info!

JenPett

Under 3 years old goes to the nursery.

That said, if you have an almost-3-year-old who is fully potty trained, he can go in the club. Fully potty trained in DCL talk means he must be able to recognize he needs to use the toilet, be able to undress/dress himself and clean up by himself. The CMs will remind the kids in the club that maybe they should use the toilet, but cannot assist in any way.

If he is potty trained, for the most part, you can do a trial in the club. You can also leave him in the club, and return periodically, to help him yourself, if he needs it. You can also take him to the club and remain with him, if you wish.

:)

Archived