What's it like to work on a cruise ship? Would you do it?

MizLizzie

Hello,

My advice is that your friend research very carefully the company and the offer of employment. If legitimate, I would take the position. First, 9 months is really not a long time to be away. Secondly, there are times in our lives when trying something altogether new, may be exceptionally rewarding. Meeting new people and seeing the world for nine months would be something that I would do, despite long hours and hard work.

As I am now a senior citizen, not exactly over the hill but the adventure days are behind me, try to do as many interesting things before these days for you are gone.

I have done it, back in 1963 while going to school. It was for about 3.5 months, it was hard work but I was young and it was an adventure. We slept 6 in a cabin, we had a basin in the cabin, toilet and showers were down the hall. We ate what the passengers ate. Would I do it again if I was young....yes, I think I would, it was a great experience.

When I was younger I volunteered to work at Club Med for the summer season in PUNTA CANA I was a hostess selling beads I thought WOW great summer experience ....DUH WRONG !!!

Well this was not a job it was slavery I worked long hours and for 3 weeks could not even get to swim in the sea I continuously worked other peoples shifts cause they were picked to do other things I was at my desk at least 12 hours a day I became a standard fixture there Yes I was clearly taken advantage of

THe glamour I felt as a paying customer had no tie to being a worker

NO I WOULD NEVER WORK ON A CRUISE ship REmember you are with your BOSS 24/7 and probably on call accordingly

If you have a good business and it is growing STICK TO IT!!!!

Archived