Cabs in Stockholm and Copenhagen

pappy3393

My cruise starts in Stockholm and ends in Copenhagen. I am considering using the ship's transfers but they seem a bit expensive. Is a cab a viable option in both cities to get to and from the airport and cruise ship? Any idea on the rough cost in each city? Will the cab drivers likely speak English? How long of a drive would it be approximately? I would assume that there will be cabs lined up at the Stockholm airport. Is that true? Do cabs also line up at the cruise ship terminal in Copenhagen? Can one pre reserve transportation? I looked at one company in Stockholm for a private car and it was much more expensive then the cruis ship transfer. In Copenhagen, my flight leaves at 11 AM and my cruise ship has an overnight and they tell me I can get off the ship anytime that morning. How much time should I give myself to get to the Copenhagen airport and through check in and security.

I would say that 45 minutes is enough from the freeport (a little bit shorter from the 2 other terminals) and a price around 300-350 dkk.

There will af taxis waiting at the freeport but from Langelinie and the other one i sadly cant remember the name of you probably have to call a taxi to pick you up.

My cruise starts in Stockholm and ends in Copenhagen. I am considering using the ship's transfers but they seem a bit expensive. Is a cab a viable option in both cities to get to and from the airport and cruise ship? Any idea on the rough cost in each city? Will the cab drivers likely speak English? How long of a drive would it be approximately? I would assume that there will be cabs lined up at the Stockholm airport. Is that true? Do cabs also line up at the cruise ship terminal in Copenhagen? Can one pre reserve transportation? I looked at one company in Stockholm for a private car and it was much more expensive then the cruis ship transfer. In Copenhagen, my flight leaves at 11 AM and my cruise ship has an overnight and they tell me I can get off the ship anytime that morning. How much time should I give myself to get to the Copenhagen airport and through check in and security.

Have a look at this regarding Stockholm taxis - http://www.thestockholmer.com/2010/04/08/stockholm-taxi-tutorial/

Best regards,

Al

We were in both cities last summer. Every person to whom we spoke either spoke perfect or near perfect english. They are the NICEST people... very polite and accomodating.

As for getting from the piers to the airport, in CPH, we took the subway into the city, stored our luggage at CPH Central station, and took a canal tour and had a great lunch before heading out to the pier. We took the train out to Nordhavn and then walked to the pier (about a 10 min walk). Very easy to do --- you can google the route and see the street view.

We just reversed this on our return. Very cost effective.

We did not fly out of Stockholm. However, you should have no problems with your driver not understanding english.

jill

Archived