ziplining from falmouth

K L B

We'll be docking in falmouth and we're considering some ziplining at rose hall. We'll be with an 8 year old so I want a fairly easy ziplining experience- i don't want it to be too challenging climbing up long ladders.

Has anyone done the zipline at rosehall that can offer some insight?

We are also looking at zip lining at Falmouth.

We have already done the Canopy zip line when we docked in Ocho Rios, but I am hearing of another one offerred thru RCI.

Has anyone done this adventure and have any insight to offer.

We are looking at personal experience - not - cruise listing.

Thanks

Safe travels

Sue and crew

We are just off the RCCL Voyager and some in our family did the Chukka zipline in Falmouth. These are the details my brother in law and niece said about the tour:

He is an engineer and felt it was dangerous, not designed correctly. At one point, there were 12 people standing very high on a platform like sardines, just waiting. It was not for the faint of heart. He has done ziplines before. The tour started 2 hours late. They waited around with all their gear on for these 2 hours. It was unorganized. At one point, one of the "surprises" they promised you was a "free fall" down from one of the platforms at the end. My niece hated this but had no choice but to do it to get down. There was no food or drink places anywhere around and they got back way behind schedule. Overall, a very negative experience. There was a long line of people from their tour trying to get their money back at the excursion desk.

If you google Trip Advisor Zipline at Rosehall Jamaica it will give several detailed reviews of this excursion. It's also called the White Witch Zipline. All of the reviews were good. Everyone loved it, and said it was very safe and professionally ran.

Chukka is the company that RCCL and CCL are all using...very commercial. Last year we did the Off Road and Zip Line tour and had a great time. All equipment was astonishingly well maintained and the staff very professional. We were able to buy pictures at the end of the excursion. It is really in the middle of the jungle which made it a great adventure (http://www.falmouthexcursions.biz/excursions/ziplinecanopyoffroad.html)

• 2 weeks later...

We did this excursion Dec 14. There were nine in our group and we had a great time. My brother is also an engineer, who has done several ziplines, he said they were safe. You are attached to a safety line at all times, even when waiting on the platforms.

They are not that high up, compared with Sky Safari Zipline in St Kitts, which was 250 ft in the air. On these you were mostly going thru the trees, not over them.

They were very safety oriented. There were a couple of kids doing it, probably 9 or 10 years old. They seemed to have a blast.

Archived