Carnival or Royal

Im not looking to bash one company over another. Im looking for honest pros and cons for each.

Im trying to plan my first cruise. Both Carnivals Ecstasy and Royals Splendour Of The Seas are available to us.

There will be 4 young couples total booking the cruise. No children.

Im not looking to bash one company over another. Im looking for honest pros and cons for each.

Im trying to plan my first cruise. Both Carnivals Ecstasy and Royals Splendour Of The Seas are available to us.

There will be 4 young couples total booking the cruise. No children.

Neither of those ships are modern. They are on the small size compared to todays average size ship. You may be disappointed in both. I suspect that you are going on one of these because they are less than 7 days?

Having sailed on both ships I think you would like either of your choices. Since it is your first cruise and you have nothing to compare it to, both would be fine. The Ecstasy is more glitzy (Las Vegas style) while the Splendour is more refine. I feel Carnivals entertainment a tad better, cabins are a tad larger, food and activities are about equal. Enjoy, the first cruise is always the most remembered!!

Yep...

We need a short cruise (dont want to be away from the children to long)

We need something within our budget

and we need something that leaves from Galveston.;)

DH and I have only cruised ones. I didn't get to plan it as it was a gift. That was 5 yrs ago on the Celebration. The rest of the group has never cruised.

My DH and I have been on 3 cruises and our 4th is planned for Aug. Two have been with Carnival and 1 on RCCL. We have had nothing but great experiences on both cruise lines. My recommendation is take the one you can get the best deal on and use the extra money for shore excursions and "happy drinks". Have a great cruise!

Amy

We have been on 5 Carnival cruises and are headed on our first Royal cruise next weekend together.. My boyfriend was on a royal caribbean cruise years ago.. Personally I cant compare them for you right now until after our cruise next week.. But since this is your first cruise I dont see anything wrong with going with a somewhat older ship .. That way when you do go on a newer larger ship you will have something to compare it to.. I agree with finding the one that is less money and just go and have a great time..

Archived