TV Input on NCL Spirit

pliskin

I believe I read somewhere that the TVs on the Spirit were upgraded after the last dry dock. I am wondering what kind of external input they have. We have a few little ones coming and I want to have some kids movies to bring with. I have an HDMI cable but didn't know if that would work or if I need to go get an RCA cable. (old kind with red, white and yellow plugs)

Thanks!

just an FYI - they have it blocked for adding cables - we were just on the Spirit for Thanksgiving and tried hooking up the portable DVD player to the new TV. They have the inputs, but you can't change the TV to Aux or anything like that. They do have 2 movie channels - one is more "family" friendly, the other is newer movies.

Although, I have to admit, after 3 or 4 days, I got really tired of "Captain America", "Aliens and Cowboys", "The Help", and "The Smurfs" :)

On the EPIC, the aux inputs on the side of the TV were locked out (you couldn't switch the inputs throught the menu). However, with flexible fingers, you might be able to reach behind the TV and unplug the HDMI cable from the ship feed and plug in your dvd player (or ipad).

This was possible on the EPIC and worked well. Just remember to plug the TV HDMI feed back when you are done with the movies.

Archived