Embarkation Security Q - Port Everglades

Matt62

I've read the list of prohibited items (and that is not my concern) but how intrusive is the security search upon check-in at the Pier in Port Everglades? Is it just like airport security where they open your luggage only if they spot something on the X-ray exam that raises a question? We are departing on the Miracle out of Pt Everglades on Dec 20th. I am just wondering for purposes of packing. For example, if there is anything (otherwise legal of course) that you'd rather not have removed from your luggage (because its batteries show up on X-ray) and paraded in front of your teenagers, should you pack it in your "checked" (i.e. not carry on) luggage?

I assume they are looking closely at all bottles, etc, looking for people trying to sneak on booze.

It has been a while since we've cruised so I am curious and appreciate any thoughts.

I would definitely pack it in checked luggage and if they have questions they will call you to the naughty room to open your luggage and inspect it with with you there - kids can be back in the cabin unaware of anything you may want to keep from them.

Just make sure the batteries are NOT in it.

From this past summer on board Magic ...

DEBARKATION INCIDENT

At 6:25am GSA was called from the terminal by GSS ______ who asked me to contact cruise director to page Mrs______ from state room________ as one of her suitcases was vibrating and they would not load into the truck to go to the airport (zone tag 2) for security reasons until guest had opened the suitcase. Guest went ashore and identified her suitcase and turned off the item that was making the suitcase vibrate.

John went on to write ...

I think it’s brilliant that the guest services lady didn’t want to write what the offending item was in her report and of course one has to feel so sorry for the guest who had to open her suitcase in front of Manuel the Barcelona security guard and turn it off. Some of you may have not worked out what it was that making the noise and it gives me no ummmm……pleasure ……….to say I am afraid this is one you will have to work out………..on your own.

I don't know about Carnival security but you sure can't slip anything past this crowd.

Our kids are finally old enough for their own cabin so we plan to enjoy some "no kid" time. Should be quite a different experience than our last Cruise which involved sharing our Disney Magic cabin with our then 12 & 10 year olds. So there is something good to say about having teenagers.

Archived