Bon Voyage Liquor Options

Canucks11

I have read all the great info regarding the liquor options and prices. I was wondering if anyone knew if a chocolate liqueur was available for purchase? Wife loves chocolate martinis, and I'd like to make some in room if ingredients were available.

Thanks to all that reply.

I would do some research, come up with 3 chocolate liquors that you'd want to buy, and call and ask.

We ordered Smirnoff Vodka for our trip and it's not on the list, so I know they have more stuff than what's on the list online :)

I would do some research, come up with 3 chocolate liquors that you'd want to buy, and call and ask.

We ordered Smirnoff Vodka for our trip and it's not on the list, so I know they have more stuff than what's on the list online :)

How much do they charge for the smirnoff's vodka?

I have read all the great info regarding the liquor options and prices. I was wondering if anyone knew if a chocolate liqueur was available for purchase? Wife loves chocolate martinis, and I'd like to make some in room if ingredients were available.

Thanks to all that reply.

If you have looked at the prices for the liquors through bon voyage then that is all they carry. Not quite sure what your asking but they dont have anything else other than what is listed on that price list. Also, they do make chocolate drinks on board but it is per drink.

If you have looked at the prices for the liquors through bon voyage then that is all they carry. Not quite sure what your asking but they dont have anything else other than what is listed on that price list. Also, they do make chocolate drinks on board but it is per drink.

No, that is not all they carry - the list floating around here is not an official list from Carnival. It is one that has been compilled by CC posters. He is asking if they have any chocolate liqueurs - I think that is pretty straightforward! If you had read the post above, it states that someone purchased Smirnoff vodka, which is not on that list. I have read of other who have purchased Kaluha, which also is not on the list.

OP, your best bet would be to call the 1-800# and ask them.

Actually they DO have other stuff. The 'list' you see is a list compiled by CCers, there is more that is not on the list. Just call BV and ask.

Thanks to all that offered help with my question (durdenpb excluded), really appreciate the response. I did call and ask if they had any chocolate liqueur I could order, and they sure did:).

Once again thanks for the great advice!

Thanks to all that offered help with my question (durdenpb excluded), really appreciate the response. I did call and ask if they had any chocolate liqueur I could order, and they sure did:).

That's great. How much? and what brand?

Good! I have always found BV department super helpful and polite. Have a great cruise.:)

That's inline with most of the BV prices. Are you confusing Bon Voyage with Duty-Free?

No, wasn't confusing them. Bon Voyage is typically priced right around double the going onshore rate or a just a little more. This is almost 4 times the going onshore rate.

http://www.bzcomputers.com/cruises/20120303Triumph/alcoholinfo.html

That's a little more expensive than the typical Bon Voyage rates. A one liter bottle of that onshore goes for about $12!

Most BV prices are $40 to $55 per bottle. You're paying a premium for them because they can be consumed on board.

And if you do the math that's about 4 1/2 times less than you would pay by buying the drinks individually.

45.00 divided by 32 shots = $1.40

So in that case it is MUCH less espensive to purchase a bottle from BV.

It's probably $40. Most of the lower end alcohols are $40 and the higher end are around $65. But those are liters, not 750's.

We just got off Conquest today. I purchased 2 bottles of 1800 Repasado tequila and 1 bottle of Malibu rum thru BV. I was told by the BV rep that the bottles were liters. I also asked about Patron tequila. They said the Patron was 750 ml but the 1800 was liters. The 1800 that I received were 750 ml. Which is annoying because I specifically asked about the bottle size. I think the price is reasonable for a liter but not for 750 ml. We will probably go back to Rumrunners next time. The Malibu was a liter bottle.

We just got off Conquest today. I purchased 2 bottles of 1800 Repasado tequila and 1 bottle of Malibu rum thru BV. I was told by the BV rep that the bottles were liters. I also asked about Patron tequila. They said the Patron was 750 ml but the 1800 was liters. The 1800 that I received were 750 ml. Which is annoying because I specifically asked about the bottle size. I think the price is reasonable for a liter but not for 750 ml. We will probably go back to Rumrunners next time. The Malibu was a liter bottle.

That's good to know. The big cruise-related decision of my week is which tequila to order from Bon Voyage. :D

I just ordered from BV today. I got one bottle for me and one for my sister. I got Crown Royal and my sis got Malibu. They were both $55 dollars for 1 litre bottles. While I appreciate the convenience of Bon Voyage, it blows my mind that Crown and Malibu are the same price! Crown is at least twice as expensive as Malibu here in Pa.

Archived