Toeless Hosiery

ME Guide

I wear them a lot in the summer and usually buy them at Steinmart. They are Hanes brand and are quite comfortable.

And before anyone who "hates" hose jumps in (and you know you are cb) ... DON'T EVEN GO THERE. I know you hate hose but I work in a professional environment and also have horrible spider veins so I don't go without.

I would recommend that you be extremely dilioent about matching the hose to your skin color. We were at a wedding where a woman was wearing toeless hose, and my husband (well known for being very unobservant) asked what was wrong with her feet because the difference in color was so great.

Thank you everyone. (especially the suggestion to check shade of the hose!)

I did check at Kohl's but they did not carry the hose. It might be because we are in the northeast and there is not much call for them.

Online sources seem to be good. Thanks again.

I've gotten toeless hosery before. I had a little bit of a problem because I have really small feet and had to bunch up the part that wraps around my feet so that it fit inside of my tiny shoe. I think that someone of normal size feet wouldn't have this problem. The other issue I had is that the hose made my legs slippery, which made my shoes slide. I ended up backing the shoe in felt to create friction so that my heels wouldn't slip out of my shoes.

I got mine at Dillard's. I think most department stores carry them.

Back to the original post, I wasn't sure what the connection was between your feet swelling and wearing hose. Just my opinion, but I do think that the toeless hose look strange, and I would either wear closed-toe shoes with hose or sandals with no hose.

klauer,

I have silver dress shoes (strap) and if I get any swelling, I get terrible blisters. Hose provides just enough to cut down on the friction of the straps. I also feel great wearing hose.

It is true, I could choose to wear something else. My question was about source of hose, not shoe options.

Thank you everyone who responded to my post. I appreciate it.

Archived