Koh Samui for One Day

Aussie Gal

We will be tendered into Koh Samui in April when we are on the Ocean Princess. We stayed on Koh Samui back in the 90's and have seen all the sights so this time we would like to spend time at a resort and have lunch there.

Has anyone spent a similar day to what we plan to do? I have written to a few hotels to see if we can pay for the privilege of spending a day at their hotel but so far all the replies have been negative.

Any ideas from those who have been there before.

Jennie

We will be tendered into Koh Samui in April when we are on the Ocean Princess. We stayed on Koh Samui back in the 90's and have seen all the sights so this time we would like to spend time at a resort and have lunch there.

Has anyone spent a similar day to what we plan to do? I have written to a few hotels to see if we can pay for the privilege of spending a day at their hotel but so far all the replies have been negative.

Any ideas from those who have been there before.

Jennie

That is exactly what we did last April while we were on the Azamara Quest. We took a taxi to a beach several miles up the coast (but not as far as the one the cruise ship takes you to). There were many resorts there and our cab driver walked us part way down the beach and told us to use the resort's lounges & umbrella. There was a security guard around the beach hotel and we also asked him if it was okay to stay there. He said it was okay as long as we ordered drinks (which we did). We enjoyed the beach, drinks and even had lunch at the hotel. We chose to eat outside by the pool and palm trees (beautiful). There were also massage tables set up along the beach where my DH had a back/neck massage for $8 for 1 hour. He said it was even better than the massage on the cruise ship. The venders sold their wares along the beach, but that was not bothersome. Actually, we bought a few things!! It was a great relaxing day. I will try to find the name of the beach we went to.

Oh -- we did not pay our taxi driver until he picked us up at our designated time in the afternoon to ensure we were taken back to the ship on time. There were four of us and the cab ride was about $40 (to and from).

Have fun!!

Sailaway5,

Your answer is exactly what I have been looking for. Can you remember which beach you went to and the name of the hotel. There are so many beaches and of course so many hotels. By the sound of it, it sounds as though you went to Lamai Beach but I could be wrong. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Jennie

Sailaway5,

Your answer is exactly what I have been looking for. Can you remember which beach you went to and the name of the hotel. There are so many beaches and of course so many hotels. By the sound of it, it sounds as though you went to Lamai Beach but I could be wrong. Thanks for your prompt reply.

Jennie

I have been checking with my CC friends that were on this beach with us. It was Fisherman's Beach/Village in Bobhut. The hotel where we used the lounges and umbrellas was Anantara (a beautiful resort). We enjoyed drinks while we lounged, went in the water, had lunch there etc. It was great. Would love to go back. The hotel was about the 2nd one down once we walked on the beach after the taxi cab driver dropped us off.

Remember, do not pay the taxi driver until they pick you up for your return trip back to the ship pier.

Hope this is helpful to you. Enjoy your cruise!!!

Cheers,

Sorry about the "tiny" writing.....can't figure out how that happened or how to make it larger....

Sailaway5,

Thanks so much for finding out for me. I wanted to visit Bobhut Beach as my daughter, son in law and grandchildren spent 10 days there at the lovely Hansai Sanai Hotel. I had written to them but to no avail. We will just get the taxi driver to take us to the area of the beach where the Anantara Hotel is situated.

You are a lifesaver!

Jennie

Sailaway5,

Thanks so much for finding out for me. I wanted to visit Bobhut Beach as my daughter, son in law and grandchildren spent 10 days there at the lovely Hansai Sanai Hotel. I had written to them but to no avail. We will just get the taxi driver to take us to the area of the beach where the Anantara Hotel is situated.

You are a lifesaver!

Jennie

You are welcome!!! We are happy to share information as we have received so much valuable information for our travels from the various CC threads. Enjoy your trip.

Carol

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

we will be on AIDA in February and have one day in Koh Samui. We have never been there before. Can anybody recommend what are the "must sees" on the island? Can somebody recommend a tour operator, we would prefer not to book on the ship.

Thank you :-)

Archived