Millenium Question

xxsappixx

Hi Everyone,

We will be sailing on the Millie in a couple of weeks with my grandparents (their first cruise) and we had a couple questions about the M class ships. We are booked in C3's 7196 and 7198 (upgraded to these from insides we booked originally for only $20). Any idea if these are good rooms? Do the balconies have a view straight down to the ocean or are they blocked by something? Also, do the bathrooms have the dreaded curtains or have they been updated to more modern style doors? Would anyone happen to have recent pictures of what these rooms look like? Is it possible to request a MDR dinner in our room? How is the movement of the ship so far aft? We know our cruise is going to be wonderful, but kinda booked this one last minute and we didn't really have time to research anything.

Thanks for all your help and I'm sorry for having so many questions!

XxsappixX

Hi Everyone,

We will be sailing on the Millie in a couple of weeks with my grandparents (their first cruise) and we had a couple questions about the M class ships. We are booked in C3's 7196 and 7198 (upgraded to these from insides we booked originally for only $20). Any idea if these are good rooms? Do the balconies have a view straight down to the ocean or are they blocked by something? Also, do the bathrooms have the dreaded curtains or have they been updated to more modern style doors? Would anyone happen to have recent pictures of what these rooms look like? Is it possible to request a MDR dinner in our room? How is the movement of the ship so far aft? We know our cruise is going to be wonderful, but kinda booked this one last minute and we didn't really have time to research anything.

Thanks for all your help and I'm sorry for having so many questions!

XxsappixX

Hi,

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I will take a stab at answering some of your questions and am sure others will as well. Whenever I need to know what others think about a room, I go into the search box at the top of the home page and enter the ship name and the room number. Chances are that someone has discussed that room or a nearby room on a previous discussion.

The two you mention are on the aft but have only other cabins above and below them. They should be very quite. I think you would have a view straight down to the ocean from the verandas.

Not sure how to respond to your question on the bathroom as I have not yet been on the Millie. Just came off her sister ship, however.

Most folks who are very sensitive to ship movement try to book as low as possible and mid-ship. Since your sensitivities to movement are subjective, I cannot really advise if you will have a problem or not in that location.

Have a great cruise.

Hello,

I'll also add my welcome to Cruise Critic, and I'll give you congratulations on scoring a very good and very affordable upgrade.

As for the staterooms and their view, no, you will not have a direct view down to the ocean. Your view down will be past Deck 6 where the most luxurious and elegant staterooms aboard ship are located.

Take a look at this photo:

http://image55.webshots.com/855/3/37/36/2932337360099099348hqMDqY_fs.jpg

If that link works for you, your staterooms are located two decks above that large dark blue area. On Deck 7, yours are the 2nd & 3rd staterooms in (below that large cleaning aparatus). When you look down you'll be looking first at the large veranda below you. It's certainly not a bad view.

We often cruise in Deck 9 staterooms directly above you, or in aft staterooms on your same deck. We don't notice any particular movement of the ship in these locations, but we're not sensitive to such things, either.

Wishing you a most delightful cruise!

CM

Hi,

Okay, try this link:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2932337360099099348hqMDqY

I had hoped I'd be able to provide the photos in full-size. Since that doesn't appear to work, try increasing the photo that this link will bring up. Look to the right of the photo for a link that says "Full Size." Viewing it at full screen will make the details much easier to see.

CM

Thank you both for your warm welcomes and you helpful replies. FrankinPA, I have gone ahead and searched but most of the threads I found were from 2006 or 2007 and perhaps out of date. Thank you for all your help and that picture was wonderful, exactly what we were looking for. Now if only we could get a recent picture inside the cabins... ;-) FrankingPA how did the bathrooms look on the sister ships? We sailed the Equinox earlier this year and that is all of our experience with X. Normally we sail RCL but ever since we tried X, we aren't going back!

Thank you both for your warm welcomes and you helpful replies. FrankinPA, I have gone ahead and searched but most of the threads I found were from 2006 or 2007 and perhaps out of date. Thank you for all your help and that picture was wonderful, exactly what we were looking for. Now if only we could get a recent picture inside the cabins... ;-) FrankingPA how did the bathrooms look on the sister ships? We sailed the Equinox earlier this year and that is all of our experience with X. Normally we sail RCL but ever since we tried X, we aren't going back!

We were on Millennium in August. They have shower curtains, not doors. The sink is recessed with storage below and open shelves to the left, unlike Solstice class with the bowl sink on top of the vanity and the side storage cabinet with doors. Both designs work well but the S class does seem to have more storage room.

The closets on the M class are opposite the bathroom door and have drawers and the safe in the closet next to the cabin. There is more closet room but it is awkward if you have one of the doors open that open into the cabin space. Not sure that I am describing this correctly but think of a narrow hallway with doors on both side opening into each other and blocking movement in the hall.

Mary Lou

Looks like Celebrity Man has great photos for the bath in your class of cabin.

On our most recent cruise, we were in a Celebrity Suite and that bath is totally different with a jacuzzi tub/shower combo. It still uses a shower curtain, however.

Archived