tuscan wine tasting

angel 77

Just wondering if anyone has booked this excursion through Celebrity? If so, how was it, enjoyable, too short, good value....?

Thanks

Hi Angel77,

Would be helpful if you told us what ship you are sailing, and when.

At first glance, I am thinking that you might be referring to the 2012 Mediterrean Cruises scheduled for September thru November 2012 in the "Immersive Europe Wine Cruises" series... (onboard the Constellation) if so, these are just a recently announced addition to Celebrity's European Itineraries (as of mid-October), so pretty sure that no one has taken these or similar Celebrity Excursions as of yet.

Info from the Celebrity Website = http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/themeCruises/tabLanding.do?pagename=theme_cruises_gateway&tab=theme_104%2FplanAndBook%2FthemeCruises%2FthemeTabs.do%3Fpagename%3Dtheme_104%26promoType%3D104

Other wine cruises as part of the series in 2012 will be featured aboard the Solstice and the Silhouette

Hope this is (somewhat) helpful,

As I said we could use a bit more info to make sure this is what you are referring to with your Question...

Cheers!

Thanks for the response. We are sailing on the Silhouette on April 22 TA from Cape Liberty to Rome. We will be in Florence/Pisa (Livorno) on May 4. I was looking at the shore excursion Celebrity was offering on the website and say this one (Tuscany Wine Tasting or Tour or something).

angel77,

Before you book a ship tour check out http://www.guido-tours.it

We hired Guido Bandinelli for a day tour from the port of Liverno.

He first took us to Lucca, a walled town for the morning. Then on to a small winery. We had wine and olive oil tasting. We had a Italian lunch cooked

by Ava, the owners wife, on their beautiful veranda overlooking the vineyard. It was like being in a painting of the Tuscan countryside.

Guido customized this tour to meet our needs. He promptly replied to our emails. The best part is that he is a sommelier and really taught us about wines.

I have done ship tours and also like the ones we picked. But for Tuscany, which I had been to before, I knew exactly what we wanted to do.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived