i found your camera

LunaBell

i found your camera dot net

This website allows people who lost their camera/memory card/etc to search and see if someone else has found that lost item and posted it to be found. Very neat idea. And no, I am in no way affiliated.

Anyhow, I was browsing through the website, when I came across this set of photos of interest. They are from people who this the photos were from cruises. There is one where the poster says they think the people were from the Carnival Spirit. Just thought I'd share the link in case those people are reading this now! (I hope it's all right for me to post the link :o)

http://www.ifoundyourcamera.net/?s=cruise&x=0&y=0

I once read a great idea someone had for identifying one's camera to some extent...

Take a close-up photo of your cruise card as soon as you conveniently can!

DSCN2350.JPG

If your camera gets lost on board the ship

Guest Services can easily re-unite the camera with the holder of the Folio number!

Heck...you might even stake-out the Dining Room table number at the appointed time

and be a real hero, in person!

If your camera gets lost at the airport, in a taxi, or out on a tour ashore

the finder has a NAME if nothing else, and knows the owner was on Carnival Xxxxx cruise of a certain date

-and/or a Past Guest number-

and although it may take a little longer to find out Who/where

I'm sure Carnival Corp. could assist in re-patriating the camera back to its owner. ;)

Although I collect cruise cards, and routinely photograph them for other purposes

the picture shown above was The Picture I took, as soon as I got to our cabin!

That is a great idea!

You could also photograph your phone number or something else to make it a little easier to return as well. But be careful not to give a stranger too much info if you should actually lose it.

When I saw "think the people were from the Carnival Spirit" I got my hopes up that it might be my friends lost camera but no such luck. They cruised with me in 2008 and left their camera on the lido deck table (we had a few too many Carnival Funship SPecials LOL) and when they returned it was gone. Guest services said it had not been turned in so they lost all their pics. We saw a couple people during that cruise with an identical camera and were half tempted to grab it & look to see if it was theirs. Oh well. This is a great site for honest people. Too bad there aren't more honest people in this world.

That is a great idea!

You could also photograph your phone number or something else to make it a little easier to return as well. But be careful not to give a stranger too much info if you should actually lose it.

That brings back a funny story;

We were on vacation to a family reunion in North Dakota about 15 years ago. We went from Ohio to Rapid City SD, met more family and then went up to Bismark.

On the way to Rapid City we stopped at a "Puppy Farm" in Sioux Falls SD, to look at a puppy. Well the puppies were about a year old and all were taken, and way to big to take on the trip. The puppy farm was at the State prison, on a prison farm. Being stupid and trusting, we met with a worker at the farm, he was real nice, and talked about the puppy program and that it was the last litter of puppies they would have, the state was doing away with the puppies. To make a long story short, we told the worker about the trip we were on, the time we would be gone, and to let us know if they had any left to let us know, and after our vacation, we might come back and get one. We gave our address, phone number, and that we would not be home for 10 days. and we left back on our trip.

Two days later, going from Rapid to Bismark, we hear on the radio, that an inmate from the work farm in Sioux Falls, walked away 2 days earlier, and had not been seen, He worked at the Puppy Farm!

Oh Sh*t we were in the middle of nowhere, no cell service, no phone, and we told this guy we were out of town, for another week.

Well he never showed up at our house. and all was fine, but it made for a few tense hours thinking the worst.

Ok, now back to the thread.

We cruised 10/30 Carnival Conquest.

DIL left her really nice digital camera in stateroom upon disemabrkation. DS called Carnival in Miami about an hour after we left the ship; but honestly none of us thought that we'd ever see it again. Aside from being a good camera, it was a graduation gift from her parents on finishing basic military training.

Got a call last week from Carnival lost&found in Miami telling us that they had found it, wanted a confirmation on addy to fed-ex it to. Wow.

There is normally a $20. or so fed ex fee, the rep said: "Oh, we'll waive that because she lives on a military base.".

I'm embarrassingly stunned at the honesty of the passengers who turned it in, and pleasantly surprised that the whole system worked.

Very thankful to all involved.

Another good idea is to put a return address sticky on the camera, my wife also puts them on our chargers for the phones & camera.

Bob

I'm not so sure putting a return address on the camera, etc, is a good idea. But I do have both my husband's and my cell phone numbers on a sticky on all our electronics.

If its found, they can contact us right away (well...except for when we turn off our cell phones while at sea). At least one of us has our phone on and with us while in port.

We cruised 10/30 Carnival Conquest.

DIL left her really nice digital camera in stateroom upon disemabarkation.

I'm embarrassingly stunned at the honesty of the passengers who turned it in.

Unless she left it in the cabin safe

I think it more likely that the camera was found by the cabin steward you gave that big tip to.

See now...why you should always give your steward a lil something?

-even if it's only a Benjamin? :D

:confused:

We lost a camera on the Carnival Legend that sailed 13-20 Nov 2011. Left it for 5 minutes outside Satchmos Lounge on Thusday night in Belize, went back and it was gone...camera was worth only $250 but all of our memory cards full of our pictures of our children was priceless!...filed a lost item report with Carnival no luck....we would do anything just to get the memory card back. I'll keep checking that website thanks for the link...

...its amazing that some people can do such a thing and sleep at night.....

Unless she left it in the cabin safe

I think it more likely that the camera was found by the cabin steward you gave that big tip to.

See now...why you should always give your steward a lil something?

-even if it's only a Benjamin? :D

So true!

We always tip the stewards and their helpers well; they do a great job- I haven't had a bad one yet. This particular steward got a good tip daily from my son because DIL fell in love with the towel animals and the steward made extras nighly for her. One night, 4 monkeys swinging everywhere!

But, honestly' I have faith in people and I'm going to choose to believe that the stewards, or whomever, returned the camera because it was the right thing to do.

We always tip the stewards and their helpers well; they do a great job- I haven't had a bad one yet.

This particular steward got a good tip daily from my son because DIL fell in love with the towel animals

and the steward made extras nightly for her.

One night, 4 monkeys swinging everywhere!

Cabin stewards are the one cruise-line employee "closest" to you the guest.

You get to interact with them on a daily basis. We try to, at least.

Your dining room waiter would be No.2

One evening we were BEAT, and let our steward know we'd be crashing by about 8 p.m.

so please don't bother with turn-down etc.

He looked genuinely disappointed as he said "But what about my Towel Animal??"

even as he pressed our nightly pillow chocolates upon us (very welcome,btw).

Next night we found two towel animals, to compensate!!

On Glory, his name was Fernando, pretty sure he was from Colombia -not a young guy either!

Archived