Attessa IV

• 3 weeks later...

Glad that everyone kept the good ship "Lollipop" on course while I was away. Saw a Costa ship enter Castries, St. Lucia one morning, I immediately grabbed my binocs to be sure the skipper was on the bridge rather then having breakfast with some bimbo....happy to report he was on the bridge.

Well, what is the take on the conversion of the blue canoes to liquefied natural gas....heaven only knows that there is a lot of that in Victoria?

I see that the Vancouver 2012 Cruise Ship Schedule is up. The pressure day seems to be 5/19 when 4 ships arrive and Ballantyne is being used. From a quick glance the only time that Ballantyne is used is on 9/22 & 23 for the NCL Jewel. It also appears that Tuesday is going to be quiet day this year.

• 4 weeks later...

Trying it rub it in a little PD on one of our friends - yes that is how hockey should be played - no cheap shots etc and Luongo gets the victory - tough one tonight against the Devils but a victory will put us in first place - there are still people who don't think the Canucks are going anywhere but then in most cases there teams will be on the golf course by mid - April.

Cheers from a wet and cold morning in Vancouver

Dennis

Reading the accounts of the Canuck, Maple Laughs game in the Hogtown newspapers they kind of figure that Burke was the worst gift we could have ever given them. While I was always a fan of Burke's who am I to argue.

Edited by Putterdude

Left Coast brings up an interesting question - can you change goalies for the shootout or does it have to be the goalie that played the game or overtime - and while I am typing this there is a wet snow shower falling in downtown Vancouver.

Cheers

Dennis

Reading the accounts of the Canuck, Maple Laughs game in the Hogtown newspapers they kind of figure that Burke was the worst gift we could have ever given them. While I was always a fan of Burke's who am I to argue.

In paper last week or somewhere sombody did percentages of the Team for

Burke

Nonis

and Mike.

I cant remember the exact but Burke was still around 15 Dave at 25 or 30 and of course Mike well over 50 %. So the Burke years still account for a lot actually here.

The leafs are my childhood team and can do no wrong even when they have done nothing right since 67 :D

Left Coast brings up an interesting question - can you change goalies for the shootout or does it have to be the goalie that played the game or overtime - and while I am typing this there is a wet snow shower falling in downtown Vancouver.

Cheers

Dennis

Any goalie or dressed player can go in net for shootout.

PD - good to see the Leafs were real busy at the trade deadline - they should be much stronger after all the deals they made - oh wait a minute - I have the wrong team - it was the Canucks who made the deals.

While I can see the reasoning behind the Hodgson deal it isn't sitting well with the fans here - quess we will have to wait and see how the new boys mixed in with the regulars.

Cheers

Dennis

We have company so I am having a bit of problem digesting it....but I thought Ian MacIntyres analysis in the Sun was pretty good, it is to early to tell.There were obviously some chemistry problem between him and he CV and in the end the coach wins.

Having strange thoughts about the trade. Thinking about NOW vs the FUTURE ..not sure how I feel about it. Nice to see Cody start to lite it up but you know there must be something behind all that "No ice time" stuff by V

and then I saw . He's on his 3 rd agent....!! He will enjoy being closer to the center of the Universe and we hopefully got a horse.

At least Buffalo is trying to improve there team unlike a team a short distance away in the center of the universe - oh well baseball season starts in a month and the Jays will start there quest for a winning season.

Cheers

Dennis

• 2 weeks later...

No word from the coast but #2 son in Courtenay called this morning just after 9 am to tell us that he was operating his house on generator power. A few moments ago he called to say he was back on the grid.:)

We were off in North Saanich from 0730 to 2200. Tree fell across Wain Road. Hydro crews

worked very hard to restore us. Definitely affected BCF at Swartz Bay. Victoria Airport

was reporting winds at 36 knots, gusting to 51, which is Gale to Storm Force. Would not

have been a fun ride, even after they resumed as the wind here continued until about noon.

We had quite the storm down here a week ago today. The winds kicked up to 60 and 70 mph and were out of the south. We have about 20 miles of agricultural lands to the south of us....well I had never seen the sky turn brown before, the next morning we were doing a lot of sweeping and washing.:)

We watched the storm up there on our Shaw-Direct system, Campbell River sure took a kicking.

PD or others - does BC Ferries still have the circle pac savings - can't find it on the web site and as I will be over on the Island at month's end and want to visit my niece in Cumberland thought about doing the circle loop but the regular rates are too rich for me.

Cheers

Dennis

We use the Experience Card all the time, each of us one in our cars. I doubt however that your savings will equal what used to be had with Circle Route package.:(

Re MEC, I used to get the mailing re the AGM but haven't had one for years...I guess they only send out to members who have purchased something in the past ..x.. years.

• 2 weeks later...

It's been kind of fun reminiscing about Troll's, Sewell's, and Hourston's on the other thread. I can remember an uncle who kept a boat out at Horseshoe Bay, likely in the late 40's or very early 50's, it was a old doubled ended Columbia trawler that he had done a little conversion on. I can remember as a 4 or 5 year old going out on it and being scared to death. A few year latter he bought a more conventional boat that he tied up in Caufield but it kept sinking on him and that was the end of that. Now to the part that maybe C to C will remember....I can remember my dad and mom renting a small open boat with a Briggs & Stratton motor from some rental place in the Ambleside to Dundarave area, circa 1950, and us having a wonderful sunny afternoon trolling for salmon...Dad steered the boat my means of a rope that ran around the inside edge of the gunwale. Now to the question, as I can't recall any marina in that area, I am thinking the rental must have been from someplace that had a bit of a ways and launched the boats from shore....anyone got any ideas???

With the Canucks poised for another long playoff run a friend emailed me an attachment which I can't get to load about a bar operator in the Toronto area who used a big message board to announce free drinks during ALL MAPLE LEAFS PLAYOFF GAMES.

Cheers

Dennis