Farewell Party

noah53

I hear comments about Farewell Party and many say they never heard of one being offered. How is it advertised or isn't it?

We just got back from the Miracle on 12-04, and the Farewell party was held in the Phantom Lounge on the last sea day @ 5pm (until 6pm). No, it is not widely publicised, but is mentioned in the Funtimes on Sail-away day, or the first full day of your cruise.

Lots of drinks to go around, no appetizers, and only the main floor of the lounge (Deck 2) has the servers. They have all kinds of prepared drinks, but if you want something you don't see, just ask ! :D

If they did advertise it heavily, I wonder how many people would have to do self-disembarkation for failing to pack the night before? :p

Typical "advertising"

Day 1 Fun Times - at the bottom

ft_1_6.jpg

Day of event Fun Times - at 5pm

ft_7_6.jpg

They know nobody pays attention to what happens the end of the week.

On the Triumph out of NOLA in January of this year, and on the Elation over Thanksgiving, I found it was well attended. Both times they had a great band and the CD was at the door welcoming people. No it was not well advertised, but I was shocked to see the number of people. I guess word gets around.

On the Sensation three day cruise last month the farewell party was actually held on the second day and not the last day. A lot of people missed it because they were expecting it to be the last day which was the sea day. It was held at the same time as the captain's party. At least that's what I was told by guest services.

On the Sensation three day cruise last month the farewell party was actually held on the second day and not the last day. A lot of people missed it because they were expecting it to be the last day which was the sea day. It was held at the same time as the captain's party. At least that's what I was told by guest services.

That's sort of how it works on 3 day cruises. The Captain's Party has free drinks and the Farewell Party has the buck off drinks.

The Fun Farewell isn't widely advertised...the first time we saw it in the Fun Times (at the end of the cruise, not at the beginning), we went because we didn't know what it was, and I'm glad that we did. That was actually held in the main lounge, but yes, it really did make the lounge look big as there were so few people there. After that, it was held at the aft club.

“Captain’s Celebration” / “Fun Farewell”

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/CaptainsCelebration.htm

Fleetwide (excluding 3-day cruises)

The 1st event, “Captain’s Celebration”, will take place on the 1st cruise elegant night on the cruise and held along the Promenade Deck from 5:00pm-6:00pm and 7:00pm-8:00pm. This format will offer an inclusive cocktail party like atmosphere, not only in one lounge but along the entire Promenade and lounges along the Promenade with live music, dancing and cocktails available at $1.00 off.

The Captain and his Senior Officers will be introduced in the Atrium at 8:00pm.

The 2nd event, “Fun Farewell”, will take place at the end of the cruise as an appreciation to all of our guests. Complimentary cocktails will be offered from 5:00pm-6:00pm.

3-day Cruises

The 1st event, “Captain’s Celebration” will be in the format of the original Captain’s Welcome Aboard Reception. Guests will enjoy free drinks from 7:00pm-8:00pm in the Main Show Lounge on the Cruise Elegant evening. The Captain and his Senior Officers will be introduced on stage.

The 2nd event, “Fun Farewell” will be a Happy Hour with $1 off all drinks from 5:00pm-8:00pm on the last day of the cruise. This will be offered in all bars on Promenade Deck and any lounges open at that time.

Would much prefer the old style Capt party to the silly thing they have now.

I agree - I wish they would reinstate the Captain's welcome aboard cocktail party with free drinks and forget this 'secret' fun farewell that no one is really told about! Shame on Carnival for doing this!

I may have to print up my own ADS - and post them around the ship on the last day telling everyone about the party and free drinks - hoping hundreds show up! Take that Carnival :D

Archived