How Smooth Are Waters in April for Southeast Asia & China cruise?

gemz

I'm considering a cruise for the first two weeks in April to take my elderly mother for the Southeast Asia & China cruise and would like to know how smooth the seas are for that time of year in that area. We have cruised the Caribbean many times and the Med but not Southeast Asia. Also, we'll be sailing on Diamond Princess.

Thanks!

Don't know about the seas so much. Generally unless Mother Nature is really rocking and a rolling a big lady like the Diamond should be rather stable. Go for a cabin in midships and down low to cut down on the number of steps to DR and for stability.

I would be a little more worried about the very long flight to China. I am rather dreading the non-stop ride of 14 hours 1 minute (that is what it says) which is only the best when compared to 36 hour or 24 hour with stops. Also the reports are that the docks are very far from the sights in many of the ports such as Beijing, Bangkok and others.

We are going to be on the Diamond Princess Oct. 25, 2012 for Bangkok to Beijing cruise and I am super excited.

Guest zafra63
I'm considering a cruise for the first two weeks in April to take my elderly mother for the Southeast Asia & China cruise and would like to know how smooth the seas are for that time of year in that area. We have cruised the Caribbean many times and the Med but not Southeast Asia. Also, we'll be sailing on Diamond Princess.

Thanks!

We have done the CherryBlossom cruise on the Sun Princess from Sydney last year and we found the seas were ok. In Shanghai and in South Korea it was very cold and we got rain. In Japan, sun was out, just beautiful weather. We are hoping that you will have a wonderful cruise.

Guest zafra63

We did the CherryBlossom on the Sun Princess last year March and April, the seas were fine, but the weather was very cold in Pusan and it was raining in Shanghai. In Japan, the sun was out. It was a wonderful experience. Enjoy your cruise.

Seas should be fine at that time of the year . Relax and enjoy your cruise .

As others have said DIAMOND is a big boat and rides well in most seas .

Book a cabin midships and on a lower deck and it minimizes any movement even further .

Archived