Chankanaab Dolphin with 5 year old

geerhart

We are booked on the excursion Chakanaab Push, Pull, and Swim in early January. There is no minimum age limit required and I was able to purchase a ticket for my daughter who will be 5 on Dec 24th. The website says that children must be 3ft 11 inches to participate. She is about 3 ft 10 inches now. It also says Family-friendly options are available for guests unable to participate in the Belly Ride or Boogie Push. Can anybody tell me what this means. I understand that she will not be able to do everything that we do due to her age and size, but since we were able to buy her a ticket I hope she is able to have some interactions with the dolphins. Anybody know how this is handled?? Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Since they don't have an age limit and only a height restriction, the height is what they go by in order to determine which "swim" the child can do. If they don't meet the height requirement, they have a dolphin "encounter" which any child can do. We took our 3 year old in September and yes, there is a lot of interaction. They get to pet them a lot, get a kiss, hold their fins (as if shaking their hand) get a kiss on the cheek. It was about 45 min to a hour of interaction time. My daughter loved it! So, my guess would be that if they don't meet the height requirement for the actual swim, they can do the encounter. :)

Archived