San Juan a breeze!

Kaseybear16

We just got off the Victory this morning and debarkation was a breeze! We did self assist and we were off the ship and in a cab by 7:45am! There was no line at the USDA inspection line nor at Jet Blue check in. We were originally scheduled for a 4:30pm flight out because I had read so many horror stories about this airport on Sundays! Luckily we were able to get on an earlier 11:45am departure and are in JFK at the moment for a layover.

Had an amazing time on the cruise! I'll post a review this week including some amazing pics of the Pitons as the ship sailed by with an awesome sunrise!

We just got off the Victory this morning and debarkation was a breeze! We did self assist and we were off the ship and in a cab by 7:45am! There was no line at the USDA inspection line nor at Jet Blue check in. We were originally scheduled for a 4:30pm flight out because I had read so many horror stories about this airport on Sundays! Luckily we were able to get on an earlier 11:45am departure and are in JFK at the moment for a layover.

Had an amazing time on the cruise! I'll post a review this week including some amazing pics of the Pitons as the ship sailed by with an awesome sunrise!

What was your rush to get off the ship and off to SJU before some people have even awaken? With a 4:30PM return flight scheduled, did you wait in line all night to be the first off the ship? Did you have breakfast on the ship before you left, maybe savor a cup of coffee? Glad to hear they allowed you to escape SJU on an earlier flight. Its always good to get back home but, geez Louise, you give new meaning to flyin' home!

Glad to here. Hope we are as lucky in April. We have a 2:40 flight home because of the horror stories about SJU airport. Would have loved to leave earlier, and yes we will be off early and hope to catch an earlier flight home.

My husband and I are early risers and woke up around 6:30 went up to the lido for breakfast and then headed down to deck zero once the self assist was announced. We weren't necessarily in a hurry for vacation to end but we were hoping to get an earlier flight which thankfully worked out. Unfortunately I came down with a pretty bad head cold last night so flying was a pretty horrible experience today and another reason was I was ready to be home.

My husband and I are early risers and woke up around 6:30 went up to the lido for breakfast and then headed down to deck zero once the self assist was announced. We weren't necessarily in a hurry for vacation to end but we were hoping to get an earlier flight which thankfully worked out. Unfortunately I came down with a pretty bad head cold last night so flying was a pretty horrible experience today and another reason was I was ready to be home.

Great that you were able to get the earlier flight. I wouldn't of thought of changing our flight like that, as it nearly always involves connecting flights.

At the airport waiting for 5:15PM AirTran flight, we heard from a guy sitting behind me that disembarkation from Victory was delayed this AM because the police took off a guy in his bathrobe for drugs!! Then a couple sitting beside us was complaining that this drug bust caused them to miss their original flight and now forced to be on standby....then she says they had booked a 7 AM flight OUT of SanJuan Airport coming off Victory -- my mouth dropped open and I could barely hold my tongue to question how she ever thought she could get off ANY cruise ship and get to an airport for a 7 AM flight!! -- and now she was blaming the airline!!!

That just makes me laugh about the people who make the STUPID MISTAKES themselves then want to blame others.

You see other posts about things like that and I kinda dumbfounded( HOW IN THE HELL). Oh yeah they must feel entitled .

Makes for a good laugh though to think there are people like that.

Same exact thing happened to us last month. First ones off the ship, in a cab by 7:25 and at airport to change a 2PM Jet Blue flight to am 8:35 direct to Boston. Huge difference getting home at noon instead of 6PM!

Looking forward to your recap and pics...

We also made an early departure from the Victory on Sunday since we had that a JetBlue flight at 11:55 a.m. to Tampa. As you say, it was a breeze. We were at the airport waiting for our flight by 8 a.m. Oh, I too got a bad head cold Saturday. Must have been going around.

Archived