Awesome rough weather photos.

awboater

Thought you might like to see some nice weather photos of how bad a lake can get - weather wise.

I did not take these photos, but we have our boat on Lake Michigan near here. I tried to take some photos during similar conditions but the wind was blowing so hard that it was shaking my tripod, and I could not get a steady shot.

http://clubsearay.com/showthread.php/48029-Stunning-photos-of-October-storm-on-Lake-Michigan-2011

Those are not 26ft waves. Perhaps 10~12ft, which are still quite dangerous, but they don't look like 26ft'ers to me (although the lake is capable of generating waves that high).

Cool shots!

I did not take these photos, but we have our boat on Lake Michigan near here. I tried to take some photos during similar conditions but the wind was blowing so hard that it was shaking my tripod, and I could not get a steady shot.

Try weighting your tripod down. I have a Benro that has a retractable took under the head that lets me hang weight from it to help steady it in high winds. Just a simple grocery bag filled with rocks can help a lot. :)

Great shots, thanks for sharing!! I tried to take some rough weather photos on the Eurodam this fall, we have 20+ ft seas, but with the outside decks closed and the only vantage point our deck 6 balcony, the waves just don't look that large on camera. It was impressive to see though.

Thought you might like to see some nice weather photos of how bad a lake can get - weather wise.

http://clubsearay.com/showthread.php/48029-Stunning-photos-of-October-storm-on-Lake-Michigan-2011

Those are not 26ft waves. Perhaps 10~12ft, which are still quite dangerous, but they don't look like 26ft'ers to me (although the lake is capable of generating waves that high).

Wow, nice photos. I love lighthouse pictures and of course boat and waves makes the photo.

Archived