Cruise price reduction

cas1000

Having just finally booked our cruise with Royal caribbean at the end of November when I thought we were getting a good deal due to the early booking discount/ onboard credit deal running until the end of November and so mad today that RC are advertising 20% of prices and our cruise price has gone down £1400 which is a load of money. Am so annoyed - is there anything I can do about this - it just ethically seems wrong to encourage early booking before the end of Nov supposedly offering price incentives and then reduce the price by £1400 13 days later. We booked with an agent who said that the price is the price we booked and RC bookings basically said 'tough'. Is there anything I can do - this is our first cruise and I feel so mad has spoilt it already and feel totally taken advantage of as a RC customer

progress.gif

progress.gif

Assuming you're a UK resident -- that's they way it is with (just about?) all UK bookings. In the US, deposits are generally refundable until final payment time on most fares (or a very small cancellation fee is sometimes applied) but that's not true everywhere.

Having just finally booked our cruise with Royal caribbean at the end of November when I thought we were getting a good deal due to the early booking discount/ onboard credit deal running until the end of November and so mad today that RC are advertising 20% of prices and our cruise price has gone down £1400 which is a load of money. Am so annoyed - is there anything I can do about this - it just ethically seems wrong to encourage early booking before the end of Nov supposedly offering price incentives and then reduce the price by £1400 13 days later. We booked with an agent who said that the price is the price we booked and RC bookings basically said 'tough'. Is there anything I can do - this is our first cruise and I feel so mad has spoilt it already and feel totally taken advantage of as a RC customer

progress.gif

progress.gif

If you booked with a travel agent , RC won't talk to you about your booking . Is the reduced rate "For New Bookings Only" ?

We are in the US, not UK, and last year booked a RC cruise. I confirmed over the phone with my TA that we could get a price reduction if it occurred. He said RC grants them. I would have never booked if my TA didn't tell us this.

Apparently not... I wasted time checking weekly for cheaper prices for the four of us in two different staterooms. The price went down and when I called our TA he told us that RC didn't inform him of their new policy and RC would not honor the price reduction. It cost us $1200.

I think we would have got stung with the early booking , we booked in Oct for next May & got a reduction for going with the same cruise line plus we are over a certain age which i think helped ....i have also noticed that a couple of cruise lines which i was watching in Aug have gone up this month , they first put on the net before i went on my first cruise in Sept , no doubt they will put the price back down next year so it looks like you have got a good deal :eek: i will know for next year :rolleyes:

Is there anything I can do - this is our first cruise and I feel so mad has spoilt it already and feel totally taken advantage of as a RC customer
How much have you already put towards the cruise? You can cancel and re-book, but in the UK you will lose your deposit. If that amount is less than the price reduction amount, you are ahead of things financially. It is possible that RC will give you some offset OBC, but your TA would have to do the negotiating for you and the agent does not sound like they are willing to do much for you. I hpe this might work out for you. :(

Archived