Teppanyaki

sonntags

Im considering reserving a night to eat at Teppanyaki. It sounds good and entertaining..but how good is it?? For 25 bucks each I just want to make sure it's a good choice.

Also...I dislike miso soup. :)

Any personal experiences or pics?

Thanks!

Just skip the soup. It is a small bowl.

We have restaurants like Tepenyaki in Dallas but I still enjoy the experience at sea. I skip the rice and ask for extra veggies, in advance. I like lobster so I order all lobster. I usually have to negotiate the price. But it is always worth it to me.

I enjoy the small intimate nature of Tepenyaki. It has always been a good memory of my cruise.

It fills up with reservations quickly so keep it in mind.

While it would not be worth it to everyone, it has been to us. I'd say it was our favorite of the specialty places to dine. Although we do have places like that locally, they aren't ones we venture too. The chefs are entertaining and the food is wonderful.

We debated eating there for $25pp. We ended up reading the daily paper inserts and found they were having a lunch special for half price so we went. The show was fun and the food was great, but I don't think I'd go again for $25. Once was enough.

Hey Sharon.......I agree.

I recently did Teppanaki on the Gem. I think it is very pricey for a specialty restaurant.

I have a number of places like this right near my house and the lunch is about $13.00 and the dinner is about $25.00. I prefer the places at home and would rather spend the $25.00 at Cagney's where I feel like I am getting a meal that is worth $100.00 pp on land. Or the $20.00 in Le Bistro.....to me that is the best of the specialty restaurants.

Teppanaki was very salty and in my opinion worth $10.00 or $15.00 cover tops.......

Do they allow toddlers to attend? We are a group of 7 adults and 1 toddler and would love our group to go. Just wondering if they allow little ones and if there is a charge for a 2 year old. Thanks!

No charge for kids under 3. Kids 12 and under are half price.

Also, you can order off the regular kids menu for no charge.

Do they allow toddlers to attend? We are a group of 7 adults and 1 toddler and would love our group to go. Just wondering if they allow little ones and if there is a charge for a 2 year old. Thanks!

We took my nephew last January when he was two. They didn't charge him and actually brought him soup and everything else, he just shared part of his parents meal. He loved it!! He usually won't sit still for an entire meal and we had no problem keeping him in his seat.. for a little kid, might be the best choice, if they'll like the entertainment.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

If you have never dined at a hibachi restaurant, then it will probably be fun and good. However, we dine at Benihana, and other hibachi restaurants in NY. Whe we sailed on the Jewel we tried Teppanaki and were very dissapointed! The show was just OK and the food was not really that good. DH ordered a saki, and all he got was one little cup's worth of saki! Again, if you have nothing to compare it to, it will probably be good.

• 2 years later...
Only options for reservations are 2 or 6 how can the 5 of us sit together? Also any ballpark on wine prices, glass or bottle?

Wait until you get onboard and make your reservation. You will be seated together. You will also be with others.

If I had to choose between Teppanyaki or Modernos I'd actually skip Modernos. That seems to me like more of a gimmick. Much ado about gluttony. :rolleyes: I always enjoy both the food and the show at the Japanese venue, and I always regret when I skip it. Best solution is to eat at ALL of them! :)