45 days out and no cabin assignment yet?

celticd1

We've booked GTY cabins a few times but this is the first time that we have not found out our cabin assignment after final payment. Usually we can see our cabin number at about 60 days out. I'm tempted to try the old gift method but that could take hours.

What is the latest that you have found out your cabin assignment when booking a GTY?

We're sailing on the 29th too (on the Valor).... and we haven't received a cabin assignment yet either.

I check every morning!

The price of GTYs has gone up consistently over the last month... it was at $539... and went up to $569 a couple of weeks ago... and just went up to $599 the other day. At my last count, they had 56+ unassigned balconies on our sailing. (Of course, it seems like you can only see up to 10 vacant cabins per deck, so there could be a lot more than 56.)

I book GTY quite often, and have had the assignment go as late as "when you check in at the pier"! Actually, it's been my experience, that the later your cabin assignment goes, the better the chance of a free upgrade. When I've been assigned the cabin at the pier, it's almost always a GREAT upgrade, so keep your fingers crossed. The "upgrade fairy" may be looking for you! ;)

"SKY"

If you don't have your cabin assignment until you get to the port, you'll find out when you drop your checked luggage. The porters have a list of all the passengers, and their assigned cabin, and they'll attach the proper luggage tag to your bags. That's when you'll get the news on your cabin. GOOD LUCK!

"SKY"

Archived