FunShip 2.0 Schedule?

ScoobySue2

I'm super excited to hear about all the new changes that have taken place on Carnival Liberty. Sounds like they are great improvements!!!

Does anyone have a schedule of when other Carnival ships are set to upgrade? I want to try this new FunShip stuff but want to make sure the ship I pick will have been upgraded by the time I sail!!! :D

Carnival Liberty (Dry docks Oct. 8-22, 2011): RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, EA Sports Bar, Guy’s Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, DJ IRIE Spin’versity

Carnival Breeze (currently under construction, debuts June 3, 2012): RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, Library Bar, Guy’s Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez, Hasbro, The Game Show, Playlist Productions, and DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

Carnival Dream (Dry Dock: Sept. 8-22, 2012): RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez, and DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

Carnival Conquest (Dry Dock: Oct. 14-28, 2012): RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, EA Sports Bar, Guy’s Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez, Hasbro, The Game Show, Playlist Productions, DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

Carnival Glory (Nov. 2-15, 2012): RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, EA Sports Bar, Guy’s Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez, Hasbro, The Game Show, Playlist Productions, DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

Carnival Splendor (dry dock dates: TBD) RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez, and DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Legend

Carnival Pride

Carnival Victory

Carnival Elation

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Valor

Carnival Magic

Carnival Paradise

I'm super excited to hear about all the new changes that have taken place on Carnival Liberty. Sounds like they are great improvements!!!

Does anyone have a schedule of when other Carnival ships are set to upgrade? I want to try this new FunShip stuff but want to make sure the ship I pick will have been upgraded by the time I sail!!! :D

Ironically, the complete list can be found on the Carnival Site under FAQ's

http://www.carnival.com/core/faq.aspx?icid=CC_Header_466

• 1 year later...

Carnival Liberty (Dry docks Oct. 8-22, 2011): RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, EA Sports Bar, Guy’s Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, DJ IRIE Spin’versity

Carnival Breeze (currently under construction, debuts June 3, 2012): RedFrog Rum Bar, BlueIguana Tequila Bar, Library Bar, Guy’s Burger Joint, BlueIguana Cantina, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez, Hasbro, The Game Show, Playlist Productions, and DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

Carnival Dream (Dry Dock: Sept. 8-22, 2012): RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez, and DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

Carnival Conquest (Dry Dock: Oct. 14-28, 2012): RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, EA Sports Bar, Guy’s Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez, Hasbro, The Game Show, Playlist Productions, DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

Carnival Glory (Nov. 2-15, 2012): RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Alchemy Bar, EA Sports Bar, Guy’s Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez, Hasbro, The Game Show, Playlist Productions, DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

Carnival Splendor (dry dock dates: TBD) RedFrog Rum Bar, Blue Iguana Tequila Bar, Punchliners Comedy Club & Brunch presented by George Lopez, and DJ IRIE Spin’versity.

Carnival Destiny

Carnival Legend

Carnival Pride

Carnival Victory

Carnival Elation

Carnival Freedom

Carnival Triumph

Carnival Valor

Carnival Magic

Carnival Paradise

Is this the current list as I do not see the IMAGINATION listed at least prior to its repositioning in Jan/2014?

Is this the current list as I do not see the IMAGINATION listed at least prior to its repositioning in Jan/2014?

No. The 2011/2012 ships are correct--well, I don't know about Splendor. But the other 2011/2012 ships are correct.

I know Fascination is getting 2.0 upgrades in January (Punchliner Brunch, Taste Bar, and according to some, Red Frog and Blue Iguana Cantina (the bar, not the burritos), and the Fascination will be getting two new shows after the dry dock as well.

The Fantasy, Inspiration, and Imagination are also scheduled for dry dock in 2013 I believe (at least according to one site I found). I think the Fantasy is getting some of the 2.0 upgrades as well, and I can only imagine that the Inspiration and the Imagination would as well.

I don't think any other Carnival ships are scheduled for dry dock in 2013, but I could be wrong.

Dream Class

Carnival Breeze

Carnival Magic

Carnival Dream 9/08/12-9/22/12

Splendor Class

Carnival Splendor Maintenance Schedule

No information to report.

Conquest Class

Carnival Freedom 11/30/13-12/14/13

Carnival Liberty 10/08/11-10/22/11

Carnival Valor 1/30/11-2/13/11

Carnival Glory 11/02/12-11/15/12

Carnival Conquest 10/14/12-10/28/12

Spirit Class

Carnival Miracle 1/13/12-1/27/12

Carnival Legend 1/19/14-2/02/14

Carnival Pride 2/09/14-2/16/14

Carnival Spirit 1/06/12-1/20/12

Triumph Class

Carnival Victory 2/17/14-3/03/14

Carnival Triumph 9/22/11-10/05/11

Destiny Class

Carnival Destiny refit into Sunshine 2013

Fantasy Class

Carnival Paradise 1/28/12-2/11/12

Carnival Elation 10/22/11-11/05/11

Carnival Inspiration 10/23/10-11/06/10

Carnival Imagination 9/03/10-9/17/10

Carnival Fascination 1/05/13-1/19/13

Carnival Sensation 2/16/14-3/02/14

Carnival Ecstasy 9/08/11-9/22/11

Carnival Fantasy 1/26/13-2/08/13

I will not be selecting a ship to sail because of 2.0, in fact its absence makes it more desirable to me.

I've no desire to sail on "Senior Frogs of the Seas".

I didn't find this to be the case at all. The bar was never busy earlier this month when we were on the Breeze. And most times, it was populated with people 50+ when there were a few souls in there (besides me). The bar on the Lido deck? Same thing - much older crowd. This could have something to do with the fact that it was a 6+ day cruise (so I find that the average age goes up the longer the cruise).

The beer at the pub is AWESOME!

I will not be selecting a ship to sail because of 2.0, in fact its absence makes it more desirable to me.

I've no desire to sail on "Senior Frogs of the Seas".

I have to agree. I am booked Liberty in Oct 2013. We have enjoyed the Liberty in the past but I do not see us booking another 2.0 ship.

We are returning to NCL and HAL for 2014

I'm confused. Has the valor had the upgrades or is it going to get the upgrades and if so, when? It seems like they've had some but not all so is it going back in for the actual 2.0 upgrades? I'm confused

The Valor does not have the 2.0 upgrades yet. She will get them in 2014.

Does anyone know why the Dream did not get a Guy's Burger 2.0 upgrade???

Probably money. It may be that they did not want to sink any more money into a brand new ship. Especially non-revenue earning venues. Because it does seem like they added the revenue earning 2.0 features to the Dream.

Fantasy Class

Carnival Paradise 1/28/12-2/11/12

Carnival Elation 10/22/11-11/05/11

Carnival Inspiration 10/23/10-11/06/10

Carnival Imagination 9/03/10-9/17/10

Carnival Fascination 1/05/13-1/19/13

Carnival Sensation 2/16/14-3/02/14

Carnival Ecstasy 9/08/11-9/22/11

Carnival Fantasy 1/26/13-2/08/13

I just sailed on Paradise last month and let me say that whatever took place on the dates listed above must have been incredibly minimal in nature - that ship NEEDS some TLC including the 2.0 upgrades!

As for the Imagination, she too needs the 2.0 upgrades and I'm still wondering if that will happen before the repositioning in Jan 2014?

so for those of you that wouldn't want the 2.0 upgrades....why is that?

For me, it's because the 2.0 things are mostly about bars, and I'm not a drinker. Along with upgrades also comes eliminations and/or downgrades in other areas. It's the way things work. The things that they are getting rid of are things that I like. The changes in entertainment do not sound good at all to me, but I'll give it a fair shot on the Breeze. A couple weeks ago, I totally loved the entertainment on the 1.0 Triumph. The comedy brunch sounds like a disaster so far, based on many negative reports. It sounds like it needs some major fine tuning.

Edited by k2excursion

Guy's burgers is not listed for the Splendor 2.0 update. Does Splendor get Guy's or does it already have it?

• 1 month later...