Do all passports get processed in Arkansas?

S.S.Oceanlover

I sent in our passports for renewal in November to the Philadelphia processing center and just got an email that says it is on its way back from Hot Springs Arkansas.:confused:

Bill

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

Mine was processed in Louisianna and my sisters in Charleston.

I sent in our passports for renewal in November to the Philadelphia processing center and just got an email that says it is on its way back from Hot Springs Arkansas.:confused:

Bill

mine was processed in NY. I live in

Atlanta,ga

OK thanks. Just seemed odd that we live in Philadelphia and we mailed it to Philadelphia processing center why it would go to Arkansas.

Bill

Just a guess,but it could be a case of the Arkansas office having a lower volume of applications and renewals and Philly being backlogged at the time you sent in your renewal.

Bill

Why are you asking this on a Carnival Cruise message board? You will get a better answer if you try the passport website.

Why are you asking this on a Carnival Cruise message board? You will get a better answer if you try the passport website.

Because most people on CC are nice and will post their experiences.

I was just asking out of curiousity. I would still have been able to sleep tonight if I didn-t get an answer.

Have a great weekend and a Happy holiday season.

:)

Bill

Since when does the government do anything the most efficient way, or the way it makes the most sense? :p Actually, I'd bet that the post above, that suggests that the volume of work coming into the passport office might be lower in Arkansas than some of the other offices. HMMMM,,,,maybe not,,,,as that makes sense????;)

"SKY"

I was just asking out of curiousity. I would still have been able to sleep tonight if I didn-t get an answer.

Bill

^5

Like!

Yes, this a cruising board, but that entails travel, which entails passports (just LOOK! at the number of passport threads any given day!), therefore the right place to ask such a question.

Still not sure why people have to get in such a twist over questions that either that can't answer, or they just don't *want* to answer because it's "beneath" them. Sigh :rolleyes:

The reason for the different processing centers are: there are many, many processing centers across the country. Depending on where you live, they are processed at the one with the least amount of activity at the time. No matter where you send it, they then send it on to another facility, which you have no control over. If you've received it, be grateful and call it a day! Cheers! :D

^5

Like!

Yes, this a cruising board, but that entails travel, which entails passports (just LOOK! at the number of passport threads any given day!), therefore the right place to ask such a question.

Still not sure why people have to get in such a twist over questions that either that can't answer, or they just don't *want* to answer because it's "beneath" them. Sigh :rolleyes:

The reason for the different processing centers are: there are many, many processing centers across the country. Depending on where you live, they are processed at the one with the least amount of activity at the time. No matter where you send it, they then send it on to another facility, which you have no control over. If you've received it, be grateful and call it a day! Cheers! :D

I can't call it a day just yet. I got an email Tuesday with a tracking number saying was sent priority mail and was processed through the Arkansas post office.

The tracking info says nothing else and if sent priority should have came yesterday or today.

Hopefully it shows up tomorrow and is just slow because of all the holiday mail.

Bill

I can't call it a day just yet. I got an email Tuesday with a tracking number saying was sent priority mail and was processed through the Arkansas post office.

The tracking info says nothing else and if sent priority should have came yesterday or today.

Hopefully it shows up tomorrow and is just slow because of all the holiday mail.

Bill

If you read back, I said "If you've received it.... blah, blah, blah" So don't call it a day just yet! :)

I'm guessing you'll get it tomorrow. I always count the day stuff was sent and then add 3 just for basic mail (letter). Granted, Priority should be faster, but with the holidays, I would say you're good to go. I hope so!

Best of luck to you!

Bill

BAHAAAAAA !!! wtg Bill

i live right outside of philadelphia and mine was processed in charleston, sc

We live in Charleston, SC and ours just says US Dept. of State, but I believe they came from Atlanta....

Crazy the way our government works.:eek:

Bill

Archived