Our Magic cruise, 12/4/11

Meyer2

We went to Deck 11, Aft, to Cucina del Capitano for lunch. I learned right before we left that Cucina would be open for lunch on embarkation day. We saw & met Meredith & her family, Bonnie & a few others from our CC group. You find a seat & fill out your choices. Food was good & yummy!!

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0038.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

I caught hubby off guard. LOL!

DSC_0034.jpg

Such beautiful photos, compliments to the photgrapher. Enjoyed scrolling through them. Thank you. kay

So about 5:30, we left the balcony & headed up to Lido to meet up with some others from our CC group. We stayed & chatted until about 5:50 & headed for dinner. We were assigned the Southern Lights dining room (Aft), lower level. I will say, that each night, they started letting everyone in around 5:50, so never all backed up trying to get to our table. We sat down, it was a table for 6 & 2 others were already there. It was Lester & Cathy from our CC group & then Diana & her Mom joined us, also from our CC group. OMGosh, we all enjoyed each other's company every night. All of them were the best!!!

For appetizer, DH had the fresh fruit & I had the fried chicken tenders w/honey mustard:

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0177.jpg

For Dinner, DH had the flat iron steak & I had the sweet & sour shrimp:

DSC_0179.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

For Dessert, we both had the WCMC:

DSC_0180.jpg

Kyrstin, I actually met and talked to Ana a bit one evening. Didn't know where on the ship she worked. What a shock to see a picture of her here.

How cool Frank! Well, now you know, LOL!

EXCELLENT REVIEW!! Your Pictures are GREAT. I especially appreciate the pictures of the Camp Carnival and Circle C pictures. My kids where wondering what they looked like.:)

Thank-you! My kids had been wondering too, so I'm glad that I could help give a visual for your kids also. :)

Hopefully you had better weather the rest of your cruise. Magic looks like a beautiful ship. Thanks for posting!

Thank-you! Yes, we did have good weather.

Thanks so much for your review and PICTURES!!! I think she looks beautiful! I am looking forward to seeing and hearing more about your cruise.

Happy Belated Anniversary!

Thank-you!! I appreciate it!

Awwwww this fun fun fun time !!!

It is very cool!

Such beautiful photos, compliments to the photgrapher. Enjoyed scrolling through them. Thank you. kay

Aww, thanks!!!!

Okay, I promise to get through a good bit more tomorrow. I'm getting over being sick & getting more energy back. Yay! Night!

Our oldest will be in Circle C when we go, so we went by there for pictures. Deck 4.

DSC_0112.jpg

Do you recall ever seeing this intro and short bio of the staff assigned to a specific work area like this, other than the senior officers? I don't remember seeing this! Good idea! It personalizes the experience. Is it only for venues where children are involved?

Library?....Surprised that Allen and Randy are not in the picture;)

Well, you know, they had just stepped away for a moment I'm sure. ;)

Do you recall ever seeing this intro and short bio of the staff assigned to a specific work area like this, other than the senior officers? I don't remember seeing this! Good idea! It personalizes the experience. Is it only for venues where children are involved?

Not, I didn't see it anywhere else. I too think it's neat.

Meyer 2: Great review. We will be on the Magic for the Jan. 8 sailing. I am an avid Mah Jongg player. Do you remember if they had Mah Jongg sets on board? Thanks.

Thanks!!! Yes, I think I remember seeing something. I promise to double check my Fun Times & will let you know.

After dinner, we headed back to the cabin & just enjoyed sitting out on the balcony for awhile. Just so relaxing, can't ever get enough, it's just so peaceful. This was the only night we went to bed 'early', LOL. We were tired & even ended up missing the Welcome Aboard Show that night.

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

Our view Monday morning:

DSC_0186.jpg

DSC_0187.jpg

DSC_0188.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

We then went to the MDR for breakfast, it was about 9:15 or so. I didn't take pics, shock I know, LOL. DH had the omelet & I had my favorite, french toast with bacon. Every time we went, LOL!

After breakfast we went walking around, just loving to look at everything. About 10:45, back to the cabin for some more time out on the balcony until lunch.

DSC_0195.jpg

DSC_0196.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0198.jpg

Thanks for the great review w/ pics! That really makes it fun!

I was on the inaugural ... ( I know, mixed reviews...) but I had a blast...never have had a bad cruise (even IKE/Conquest:eek:)...therefore, I can't wait to book this great ship again, so I really, really appreciate re-living things thru your review...great job!

We booked a cove balcony also.. I am so happy to hear that you loved it. I was really wondering about being down so low in the ship. Where you port or starboard? I am wondering in ports which side we will be on? It will be our 1st balcony? Any pics??

Debbie

You are going to love the cove. We had one on this sailing and will never sail in any other cabin on this class of ship. I loved it even more than I thought I would.

Have plenty of pics, but it took me a week to get them on Facebook, so it may be a couple of days before I can get them posted for here. :o

We were in 2404. We shouldn't have been portside in Galveston, but we were due to the weather. Cozumel was the only port we were actually port side at. Had great views in the other two ports, but if i had to pick one port to be able to see the power from the balcony, it was Cozumel. And it did not disappoint, lots of runners! :D

Have plenty of pics, but it took me a week to get them on Facebook, so it may be a couple of days before I can get them posted for here. :o

If you go to the bottom of your FB album, there is a link that you could post here to allow for us to view those pictures.

Sorry I was MIA on working on the review here. I had been sick & started getting a little better, but then it got worse again & one of my kids started not feeling well. :rolleyes:

Awesome pictures and reviews!

We'll cruise on the magic in March and we booked an cove balcony. I can't wait!!!

Thanks so much!

You are going to love the cove. We had one on this sailing and will never sail in any other cabin on this class of ship. I loved it even more than I thought I would.

I didn't realize you had one of the cove balconies Meredith. Darn, I would love to see one myself. I get claustorphobic (sp?) sometimes & I wasn't sure if I would be okay with one or not.

Thanks for the great review w/ pics! That really makes it fun!

I was on the inaugural ... ( I know, mixed reviews...) but I had a blast...never have had a bad cruise (even IKE/Conquest:eek:)...therefore, I can't wait to book this great ship again, so I really, really appreciate re-living things thru your review...great job!

Thanks so much!! We had a friend on the inaugural one out of Galveston & he too had a great time.

We booked a cove balcony also.. I am so happy to hear that you loved it. I was really wondering about being down so low in the ship. Where you port or starboard? I am wondering in ports which side we will be on? It will be our 1st balcony? Any pics??

Debbie

We always book starboard, & of course, in Galveston they had docked port side that morning. LOL. In Jamaica we were docked starboard side & in Cozumel, port side.

We were in 2404. We shouldn't have been portside in Galveston, but we were due to the weather. Cozumel was the only port we were actually port side at. Had great views in the other two ports, but if i had to pick one port to be able to see the power from the balcony, it was Cozumel. And it did not disappoint, lots of runners! :D

Darn!!! We missed the runners.

Really enjoying your review and pictures. Thank you for taking the time to lett us know what we have in store!! :)

Thank-you & your welcome!

We went decided to just get burgers from the grill for lunch & then we just sat & people watched for a little while. Headed back to the cabin about 1:00 & had a nap, yes a nap & I loved that I could do that. LOL! About a few minutes after 3, we got up & headed to walk around & see where we ended up. Well, the Red Frog Pub! Decided we would have a drink & try one of the appetizer snacks they have.

Hubby tried the Thirsty Frog Red beer & we paid an additional $4 so he could have the souvenier (sp?) glass.

DSC_0200.jpg

DSC_0201.jpg

DSC_0202.jpg

I have always really enjoyed the Kiss on the Lips drink & the Miami Vice drink....but, I have a new favorite..... Mango Magic! Mmmmmmmm

DSC_0203.jpg

The Jamaican wings. We thought they were pretty good, different taste than I was expecting & it wasn't as spicy as I was thinking they would be though.

DSC_0204.jpg

We just stayed there in the Red Frog Pub until about 4:30 or so, just enjoying the atmosphere.

Archived