fort lauderdale 10:50 am flight

nflder

If there are no issues with the ship or clearing customs, no problem. We walked off with our luggage (didn't want to risk any issues with that) from the Navigator in terminal 29 about 8:30 and were at FLL a bit after 9am for an 11:00 flight. Even if you have a later flight, if there are issues with being able to get off, you've got a problem. Basically, the later the flight, the less chance of missing it and more chance of waiting for your flight.

Just got off Oasis and they were letting people leave by 6:30.

So good to hear! We have a 10:15 Am flight to catch after leaving the Oasis on January 7. I was a little worried about cutting it too close. However, this was the only flight that we could make it back to our house in one day. We will definitely choose the self disembarkation with our luggage in tow. We are also fortunate to be flying first class on Delta, which hopefully will cut down on the wait times at the airport.

Sailing on the oasis in april. We are looking at a fliight at 10:50 am on April 21st. Will we have enough time to make this flight if we book it? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA

Just got home from a Navigator cruise from Port Everglades today. We got up at 8:00, left the cabin at 8:40, had a 15 minute delay looking for a bag (it was just hiding behind another bag), and were are the airport by 9:20 for a 10:50 flight. No problem at all. :)

We carried off our own luggage at were off the ship by 7am.

Just be sure you can carry the luggage by the handle and still have one hand free to hold onto the escalator, otherwise they will make you take the elevator which often has a long line.

Of course, something could go wrong and you won't get off the ship at the usual time, but this is rare. So, IMO, it is worth the risk, only at FLL, and only if you can carry off your bags (or arrange to be in the very first group called to disembark the usual way).

Sailing on the oasis in april. We are looking at a fliight at 10:50 am on April 21st. Will we have enough time to make this flight if we book it? Any thoughts would be appreciated.

TIA

9 out of 10 times yes ;) Hopefully Silentbob will be along to add his opinion, read the story highlighted in his signature. Definitely do the express debarkation and let guest services know you need to be off the ship early, they would have everyone off by 7am if they could.

I use to travel by air a lot in the 80s and 90s when they didn't charge to change flights. If there are only two of you and there is a $25 change fee, not big deal, but if there are 8 of you and there is a $75 change fee!

In most cases, you should be fine. However, when we disembarked back in October, there was an issue inside the port and it was nearly 2 hrs after our scheduled time to get off, before we actually got off. I'm just sayin, there's always a chance.....:)

On our cruise on the Liberty a few years ago, around 3:30am in the morning, we turned around to rescue some Cubans that had capsized their boat trying to get to America. This delayed our arrival to around 8:30am. I believe the first passengers left around 9:15am. First time it has happened in 6 cruises, but it can occur.

We had a 10:10 AM flight after getting off the Oasis on the 17th. We had a quick bite in the Windjammer at 6:45, got our bags from the stateroom at 7:25, had a credit card issue with final bill (Discover Card wouldn't work because they thought our card number was stolen) as I tried to exit the ship and we still made it through customs by 7:50. There are a ton of cabs lined up including mini van cabs that hold 4 people. We grabbed one of those and we were in the Southwest Sky Cab line by 8:05. Security was a bit long, but we were still at the gate by 8:20. Long story short, let your credit card company know that you will be out of the country.

You should have no problems. I have been on Oasis twice and departed both times before 7am. Yes something could happen, but after reading many post, it seems rare.

Also I wish other would not compare Liberty and other ships that do not use the same Pier, I have used the other Pier that Liberty uses, it can be a mess needless to say.

Oasis and Allures pier has it down, to the smoothest departure ever. One thing to be notice when taking your own luggage off the ship. You will be required to use the elevator if you are pulling a couple of bags, as they require you to hold onto the handrail, you will run into a backup here, but it does move.

Archived