Triumph - Main and Riviera deck cabin advice

Hooked4Good

We have sailed twice before on Carnival Ecstasy to Cozumel and have been

on the Empress deck with OV rooms. Great experience!

We are booking a cruise to Cozumel in Sept 2012 on the Triumph from Galveston.

We need to save a few dollars this time and were wondering if the Main and Riviera decks would be acceptable. We are looking at something mid-ship with OV rooms. Any advice, experiences? Reading some of the forums, it seems most had a favorable experience. Thanks!

Gordon

Iv had issues all the way aft on Triumph .. but if you are not the very last cabin aft .. I would not worry.

More cabins and more elevator time is the only issue to me. You also dont want to be below the kitchen (the dining room is fine) in a OV, so watch that when selecting a cabin, otherwise, to me pick one, any one. I would not pay extra to be in the middle, Id probably pick near the aft elevator for convenience. Aft elevator to me is the most convenient.

I've been on Riviera and Main on the Victory. On Riviera I was midship, on Main deck I was right below the aft dining room. Both rooms were quiet, although in the aft room on Main deck I could hear noises while docking. They were not distracting to me, but they could be if you are light sleeper. I would think Main deck under the midship dining room or anywhere midship on Riviera would be great. I agree with firefly, try avoid being under the galley.

I just got off Triumph this week and we had OV midship Riviera. We didnt have any problems. We will be posting a double review with a friend that was also on the cruise with us. My brother stayed on Main and he complained of the noise, however I think they were right below the Rome Lounge. My other friend stayed last room AFT and he said he had no problems. We will have a lot more information on our Review. We will probably start tomorrow on it.

We just got off a ship with a similar setup to Triumph, where we stayed in the forward part of deck 2. It was a great spot. The theater's bottom floor was just one floor up; so convenient! All the promenade lounges and nighttime activities felt so close. The lido deck was way up, but I always like heading up there from the forward elevators, since the waterslide & pool/hot tub below the waterslide is right there outside those elevators. Plus, if you're on deck 2, there are extra elevators, with the glass elevators. We stayed in 2444 on the Triumph, toward the aft, and it rattled quite a bit back there.

The Porthole rooms (category PT) are just as cheap as cheapest regular interior rooms, but there are only a few of them, forward on decks 1 & 2. They are very popular, since you do get an outside view for an inside price. There will be more motion there, if that's a concern. But if I definitely wanted an oceanview room, I would choose a room between the forward elevators and the midship elevators on deck 2.

Archived