Diamond Princess: Singapore to Sydney: Please, Mr. Custer I Don’t Want to Go!

SailorJack

I have enjoyed your posts Sailor Jack. What transpacific cruise have you booked? We are on the April 1 cruise to Tahiti on the Golden. I hope you are too so I can read your reviews!:D Karen

Thanks, Karen. We are on Celebrity's Solstice - Sydney to Honolulu. We had looked at the Ocean, but we tend to like longer cruises, but while the Ocean visited Tahiti the trip was only 10 days. I was not aware of the Golden's itinerary...I will have to look that one up. Enjoy your cruise!

Jack

Never sailed on a "small ship" - do they have similar amenities as the larger ships - just on a smaller scale? E.G. shows in the evening, piano entertainment, lounges, etc.?

I have not been on one of the small ships, but if you go to the Princess web site and look for deck plans for the small ships you can get a good idea of what they have.

I have not been on one of the small ships, but if you go to the Princess web site and look for deck plans for the small ships you can get a good idea of what they have.

Duh...I should have thought of that. The Princess website had all the info on the small ships. Thanks for the tip.

Duh...I should have thought of that. The Princess website had all the info on the small ships. Thanks for the tip.

No problem. I was looking at an African cruise on a small ship and had the same questions you did. I had to look up the details, but wound up booking another cruise instead. I think sailing on a small ship would be a different experience and look forward to doing it on another sailing.

Archived