Security check in wheelchair

muskrat897

Oh, don't get me wrong Catnip, generally speaking I don't things should be brushed under the carpet, and yes, until somebody complains the jerks in STL will probably continue on their merry way.

But it is a government complaint and as Kyrie pointed out names must be used. So in this case, the decision lies with her mom.

I have to say I have been in a similiar situation (not with airport security) and my attitude was "I just want to get on with my life -- I don't really care about changing/repairing the system. I don't want to report it -- I just want to move on. " I realize it wasn't the best attitude to have, but it was a coping mechanism I needed at the time.

Maybe with a little time, Kyrie's mom will think about that trip to Alaska.

Candy

• 5 months later...

My father has had 2 massive strokes, leaving him with minimal movement on his right side, blindness in the right eye and no speech. He also has problems where if you touch him just right, his skin tears and he bleeds everywhere for a very long time. We left through Ontario Airport in California to Vancouver BC. Security there was bittersweet. He was able to stay in the chair, they did remove his shoes, and I was able to accompany him. However, the TSA agent didn't listen to me about his skin, and while I was putting on his shoes, i found a small cut on his wrist. The Agent had no desire to help us, so I had to go to the bathroom and clean him up. NO bandaid or anything. When we came back through Anchorage, they briefly and barely touched him, no problems at all!!! When we went through LAX it was another story all together. My fathers right arm, touched a suitcase, which immediately tore his skin. We hadn't even gotten inside the airport we were still curbside when this happen. I'm an Emergency Medical Technician and having taken care of my father for 2 yrs I have his care under control. Well in order to stop the bleeding if you replace the skin and then apply pressure, he doesn't bleed as much. A Security officer was called right away as well as LA police, and then a paramedic. The S.O. reported me to the Police Officer stating that I was causing the situation. When the medic came he stood up for me. Anyhow, we were completely taken care of by the P.O and the medic. They then called for assistance and they took us straight up through Security. I accompanied my father again, and they barely touched him. Other then the Security Officer at LAX our experience with security there was wonderful. Comin back from Orlando, we had the same flight attendants that we had coming from LAX, their care was amazing, unfortunately I don't remember going through Security at the Orlando Airport.

Archived