Ncl jewel - iron/ironing board

TheCooksinCT

Is there an Iron/Board in the cabins? If not, is there one in a public/laundry area? I really don't want to be walking around in a wrinkled gown and my husband in a wrinkled suit.

We leave on the 24th!

If they don't, is there any reason why we can't bring a travel iron of our own?

:confused:

You are not permitted to bring an iron on board.

You can request an iron from Guest Services.

There are no public laundry rooms on any NCL ship.

My observation is that the pressing promotion (usually offered on embarkation day or the first sea day) is not the bargain it once was. At one time it was $1 per item, then it was increased to $2, and when I last cruised in October it was half the regular pressing price.

You should be able to borrow an iron and an ironing board just by asking for them. Although you may not get them immediately, I'm not sure if they have many available that can be used by many passengers at once. You may have to wait your turn.

Irons are a fire hazard. An iron sat up properly could topple over in heavy seas, potentially burning you or your clothes. Additionally, if you packed your own iron, what was you planning to use as an ironing board? The bed, the sofa, or the cabin's wooden shelves - all of which can easily catch on fire. I seriously doubt you would have packed an ironing board.

It's safer for all if you borrowed both their iron and ironing board. Less work for you, less danger for all.

Archived