LAX Hilton

toban

We are booked for 1 night pre-cruise at the LAX Hilton through Celebrity. Can anyone tell us about this hotel? Is it right at the airport? What is nearby? Is it near shopping or restaurants? We'd appreciate any info.

Thanks.

The reviews of this hotel on biddingfortravel.com have very mixed.....does Celebrity offer an alternative to this hotel? It might be worth looking into. If they do not perhaps you may want to book on your own. If you need to stay right at LAX both the Westin and the Sheraton are very nice properties. :)

I stayed at the hilton last June on my way to Australia. If you join the Hilton Honnor which I did they have a special line to check in and you can always ask if they can upgrade you to the honnors floor. We had a very nice room, but I know they have quite a few rooms that are not as nice. We ate at the hotel, but they can arrange things for you to do, we took a tour around LA. I hope this helps some.

Thanks for all the replies. We were a little concerned about the safety aspect at LAX so we probably will stay in but I would have liked to do some shopping.

Hi Capt., how are you coping with all this rain?? This is a result of a Colorado low, so be glad its not snow.

I am a local born and raised in LA. Try staying somewhere more interesting and safer than the LAX area. Good restaurants are an expensive cab ride. And for your info the LAX area is not very nice and surrounded by areas we never go to - nothing there and kind of scary.

We stayed at the Hilton LAX the night before and day we returned from Tahiti cruise on Paul Gaguin 02/14/03. We found it to be a very nice hotel. Had dinner in their nicer restaurant and enjoyed that. Had standard room and found nothing wrong with it. Would do it again. Watch for the Hilton shuttle to come around the LAX baggage area, wave them down and get on. Located about a mile maybe two from airport.

We have also stayed at the Westin LAX which has more stars and really could not tell the difference.

Archived