Royal Suites on the Solstice

judyfssw

We hope to be in the RS on the Solstice. While we've experienced RS on the M class ships, we've never been on a Solstice class ship. I'm hoping that someone has several pictures of this suite. Also, can you tell me if the door to the suite is a little larger than a regular room door? My husband has a scooter and it's never been a problem on the M class ships.

Thank you for any help.

We hope to be in the RS on the Solstice. While we've experienced RS on the M class ships, we've never been on a Solstice class ship. I'm hoping that someone has several pictures of this suite. Also, can you tell me if the door to the suite is a little larger than a regular room door? My husband has a scooter and it's never been a problem on the M class ships.

Thank you for any help.

RS1118:

RS8.jpg

RS7.jpg

RS6-1.jpg

RS5.jpg

RS4.jpg

RSBath.jpg

Arno,

Thanks so much for your quick response. Do you think a CPAP machine would fit on one of the bedside tables? Is the balcony as deep as on the M class ships? Our last butler said that the suite was smaller but I was wondering about this one.

Judy,

We'll be in an RS (1118) on Jan. 5 on an S-Class (Silhouette). I also use a CPAP machine, so I'll let you know if it works on the nightstand or not. If you have any other questions you can think of prior to our departure, let me know and I will be happy to check for you!

Steven

Judy and Steven,

We've got an RS booked and I'd be really grateful if you'd post reviews and also put a comment on the "Sosltice Cabin Thread" sticky.

There were no RS comments on the big cabin spreadsheet that one kind lady regularly keeps up to date and you can find on the forum if you do a search. But I recently changed cabins from the Penthouse deck (Deck 11) to Deck 10 where 1118 is because of the comments there about noise from the open deck above. I'd be really interested to read your view about whichever cabin you get, but do include the number.

Also, I can tell you that the RS cabin door is wide enough to take an unfolded wheelchair, something that I always check with our TA before making a booking. So, unless your husband had an absolute monster of a scooter, it should fit easy peasy.

Enjoy your voyages!

PLEASE post those pictures on cruiselinerooms dot com

and any other room pictures you have...if everyone did this after each cruise, there would be a plethora of room pictures to view.

Thanks and great cruisin to all....

:D

First, I am very, very jealous of anyone who is fortunate enough to be able to stay in the Royal Suite. :D

Second, my dad uses a CPAP, and has never had a problem with it fitting on any ship's nightstand. It sometimes requires a little creativity, but it should fit.

• 2 weeks later...

I just booked 1118 on the Solstice for the January 22 sailing. I was originally in a CC room but the price on RS dropped $3,000 from when I originally booked (looks like as of now only 2 RS booked on this sailing!). Thanks for posting the pics of the exact stateroom we'll be in - very excited now!

Can you tell me how you found the butler in this stateroom? Any other tips to maximize my enjoyment?

Blimey !!!! Bargain. How comes that never happens to me.

Well, $6k doesn't feel like a "bargain" (and it's certainly a lot more than what I was booked in), but it sure is cheaper than $9k! And it helps that the cruise was paid for months ago so the difference didn't feel like quite so much. Made deciding to splurge a bit easier.

Archived