How About A Surcharge For Multiple Portions......

nycruise

that may have been how it started, but it's devolved into posted pix of people in their underwear with skidmarks.

it's sad that a bunch of sophmoric people have been allowed to take over the page, some even standing guard 24/7.

You mean like the chronic complainers and Carnival haters who seem to take over so many threads on Cruise Critic.:D

For the people who don't understand the "poop" reference made by JH, one day he meant to say he was going to "Pop downstairs" and accidentally put "poop downstairs" and it has been a running joke ever since. It's fine if some of you don't like him for whatever reason, but it's disrespectful to bash him and go to the point where you are making personal attacks. :mad:

Treat others as you would like to be treated.

:D

Since I was the one that questioned the whole 'body function talk', I would have to assume you are speaking of me.

So, I want to know where I made a personal attack on the man??

Please find it and quote me on it.

I bet the guy is a sweetheart, it's CCL I question....and their not caring about his blog and facebook being a horrid representation of a company...not because of poop talk, but because of the drama which is a total turn off.

How long will it take before someone runs to him with my comment??

Will you be the one??

I know of no other huge, large or even small company that would think this is OK.

and besides, let's be honest...how long is a running joke funny?????:confused:

I know I'm not dining in Gordon Ramsey's restaurant, so I'm not expecting the most brilliant meal of my life. :D

We're not comparing it to a celebrity chef's restaurant, merely to previous Carnival cruises. That seems like a reasonable way of deterimining the food has been seriously downgraded. :rolleyes:

If everyone's response is "I go on vacation to have a good time", Carnival will continue to downgrade the cruise experience to the equivalent of a third world cruise.

Since I was the one that questioned the whole 'body function talk', I would have to assume you are speaking of me.

I bet the guy is a sweetheart, it's CCL I question....and their not caring about his blog and facebook being a horrid representation of a company...not because of poop talk, but because of the drama which is a total turn off.

Will you be the one??

I know of no other huge, large or even small company that would think this is OK.

As usual you hit the nail on the head.

No, I was NOT referring to you. NO I will not email him about CC, nor have I ever. He has more important things to worry about than a few people who don't think his jokes are funny. I still think the joke is funny, as do thousands of other people. :eek:

Will you be the one??

The quality of food in the MDR is not much different than the quality of food on the buffet. So if one is suggesting that CCL charge extra for extra portions in the MDR why not charge people extra for getting more than one plate at the buffet.

CCL is a highly sophisticated business, that has run the numbers and already includes the "extra" portions people may eat in the MDR in their pricing. If it were a big deal to them they would do something about it.

People go on cruises to endulge themselves and to try things they never did before. There have been times where I ordered two entrees or two desserts because I wanted to try something new but wanted to make sure if I didn't like it I had something else to eat. If I did not do this I would never have found Bitter and Blanc, the best dessert period! :D

No, I was NOT referring to you. NO I will not email him about CC, nor have I ever. He has more important things to worry about than a few people who don't think his jokes are funny. I still think the joke is funny, as do thousands of other people. :eek:

I dont find John Heald all that funny (not one to like bathroom humor) but recognize that he is a very nice fellow and many people think he is hysterical.

However at some point think he needs to find new material.

By this thinking, why not charge extra for a lot of other things....

People complain about not being able to get a lounger by the pool - have an extra charge (chairs on the deck above lido would still be free).

The hammocks and the round loungers in the serenity area are full after 8am - have an extra charge. Or better yet, I don't use the serenity area at all, why not have an extra charge just to use it? I mean, it's taking up precious ship space that could be used for something else - premium charges for those who are looking for a little "serenity".

I don't eat pizza (especially late at night!), have an extra charge for it after 9pm. Why should I subsidize those who like a late night munchie?

All those darn ships on a stick must cost a pretty penny. Have an entrance fee for any of those activiites where this is a prize. Why should I subsidize those who want to participate in group activities? That's money that could go elsewhere.

What about the shows, comedy clubs, kareoke. If you put in a door charge, or drink minimum for these things, there's extra money. If I'm not going to see a show, or watch a comedian, or sing, why should I have to put up with less musical talent so they can bring those people on board? Collect money from the users so that they can pay for the extra berth for entertainment staff.

By this thinking, why not charge extra for a lot of other things....

People complain about not being able to get a lounger by the pool - have an extra charge (chairs on the deck above lido would still be free).

The hammocks and the round loungers in the serenity area are full after 8am - have an extra charge. Or better yet, I don't use the serenity area at all, why not have an extra charge just to use it? I mean, it's taking up precious ship space that could be used for something else - premium charges for those who are looking for a little "serenity".

I don't eat pizza (especially late at night!), have an extra charge for it after 9pm. Why should I subsidize those who like a late night munchie?

All those darn ships on a stick must cost a pretty penny. Have an entrance fee for any of those activiites where this is a prize. Why should I subsidize those who want to participate in group activities? That's money that could go elsewhere.

What about the shows, comedy clubs, kareoke. If you put in a door charge, or drink minimum for these things, there's extra money. If I'm not going to see a show, or watch a comedian, or sing, why should I have to put up with less musical talent so they can bring those people on board? Collect money from the users so that they can pay for the extra berth for entertainment staff.

all these grand ideas will have carnival handing out disney like coupon books upon boarding, with a couple of E tickets for entrees.

back on topic I behave just like I would at any restaurant I am paying for. If I dislike my entree. because it's cooked wrong or just bad I would send it back.

However, if I ordered something and it was not as expected or I loved it I would not order another main. I just was not raised that way and not sitting in grandmas kitchen.

I have read on here of people ordering every app, two entrees,etc. Would you do that in a normal restaurant?

I feel bread,salad,main and desert is more then enough for the average person.

That being said I do pay the 200% for single and always think I should eat for two! But in all of my cruises usually with a group of 20 I have never seen anyone order more of anything but drinks and bread.

Also I usually now just go to MDR half the nights.

So, if I skip bread, can I order both the warm chocolate melting cake and a fruit plate for dessert?

And PS - why is okay to order more bread but not more of anything else?

By the way, other than inside cabins who's paying less than $100 a day?:confused:

Me - $90 a day per person for an oceanview spa cabin on the Dream at the end of October 2012. Which was great since I was going to pay about $200 a day per person going on the Disney Fantasy for the same timeframe.

of food in the MDR.

Everyone is complaining about the quality of the food in the MDR and blame it on cost control.

Maybe if they didn't let people order multiple entrees, appetizers and desserts, they could offer better quality food in the MDR for the rest of us.

How about a small surcharge for extra desserts and appetizers and a larger one for entrees. I bet that would cut down on the double and triple ordering I hear talked about on these boards.;)

I've previously sailed with Carnival on three occasions. Within my "sphere of observation" not once did I see someone triple order anything. I've only ever seen double orders on one or two occasions and I count myself in that group. So I cannot imagine there's that much of a problem. With regard to complaints posted on CC and other outlets regarding the quality of food in the MDR, we have to take all of them with a grain of salt. Everyone has their own personal tastes, opinions, and feelings about any given subject. It is rare to read objective complaints and critiques.

Many of us choose Carnival because it is the most affordable option. For the price, I believe I receive my money's worth. However, there are always certain trade-offs. In other words, when it comes to food on a cruise, there are three possibilities:

1. Good food
  2. Food prepared and served quickly
  3. Cheap

No matter what cruise line you choose to go with, you can only have two of those three items. Never all three.

all these grand ideas will have carnival handing out disney like coupon books upon boarding, with a couple of E tickets for entrees.

Sarcasm doesn't come across well on an internet board.

I'm all for NOT charging extra for this stuff (including multiple appetizers, entrees, or desserts - or room service - or lounge chairs - or entertainment - or, well, you get my drift.).

Sarcasm doesn't come across well on an internet board.

I'm all for NOT charging extra for this stuff (including multiple appetizers, entrees, or desserts - or room service - or lounge chairs - or entertainment - or, well, you get my drift.).

maybe not to all, but i got it. ;)

Archived