cabin upgrade

lolmerry

Hi we got our cabin assignment today,we booked a EE gty on the zaandam and we have been upgraded to C, Is this a good upgrade? Is it likely to be upgraded again or do you only get upgraded once?I need to print my documents off and dont want to do it and then get a cabin change,any info on this will help thankyou,esp you c/c that have been on the zaandam and know the set up,Looks as though my cabin is opp the launderette but dont thk that will be a problem?? Many Thanks

Go ahead and print your docs. If you were to get a room change at the pier they will send your luggage to your new room. You can also get blank luggage tags at the pier form the porters and they will have markers to fill them out there.

Across form the laundry may have folks congregate in the hallway and chat, so you may want to be prepared and bring some largish sticky notes to put up a reminder sign on your door in case you need to, hard to say what will happen.

C should be midship and that's nice for less movement and easier access too.

Go ahead and print your docs. If you were to get a room change at the pier they will send your luggage to your new room. You can also get blank luggage tags at the pier form the porters and they will have markers to fill them out there.

Across form the laundry may have folks congregate in the hallway and chat, so you may want to be prepared and bring some largish sticky notes to put up a reminder sign on your door in case you need to, hard to say what will happen.

C should be midship and that's nice for less movement and easier access too.

Oh no wasnt thinking about congregating in the hallway? does this usually happen,I have had a cabin next to the launderette before and never had any problem,But never sailed with HAL before,DO you know if a C cat is any differant cabinwise to a EE? or is it just higher deck,Was really hoping for a balcony upgrade we tried to do a upsell but was told the ship was full,Anyway im still happy with my upgrade,shouldnt be ungratefull should I

Thanks again

Oh no wasnt thinking about congregating in the hallway? does this usually happen,I have had a cabin next to the launderette before and never had any problem,But never sailed with HAL before,DO you know if a C cat is any differant cabinwise to a EE? or is it just higher deck,Was really hoping for a balcony upgrade we tried to do a upsell but was told the ship was full,Anyway im still happy with my upgrade,shouldnt be ungratefull should I

Thanks again

I have read on this forum about this congregating situation, but have never experienced it.

The launderettes do have specific hours. However, it is my understanding some people use them in the off hours. If it becomes a problem after the laundrette is supposed to be closed, simply call the front desk, and I am sure they will take care of the situation.

Most people don't knowingly book a cabin by the laundrettes, which is why they are often available for guarentees.

I had a stateroom across from the Laundry room on the Prinsendam. Never had issues with congregation of passengers or noise. I also found it convenient, I could run across and see if it was available to use before trucking my stuff there to find the room fully being used.

Enjoy your cruise and your upgrade.

Is it likely to be upgraded again or do you only get upgraded once?I need to print my documents off and dont want to do it and then get a cabin change,any info on this will help
You may get another upgrade, but the chances are slim. All you really need of your docs is the first page (boarding pass) so in the unlikely event of another assignment you would only need to print that one page. As RMLincoln said you could get new bag tags at the pier.

DO you know if a C cat is any differant cabinwise to a EE? or is it just higher deck,
The C cabins on the Lower Promenade are a bit shorter than the EE, but it's in a much more convenient location IMO.

I missed that it is on Zaandam - Oh I love those rooms on the Lower promonade deck, just a step out to the BIG verandah. I never missed the loss of the 12 or 18 inches of room depth. Yes we had a loveseat instead of a bigger couch but loved the location. JMO. m--

I missed that it is on Zaandam - Oh I love those rooms on the Lower promonade deck, just a step out to the BIG verandah. I never missed the loss of the 12 or 18 inches of room depth. Yes we had a loveseat instead of a bigger couch but loved the location. JMO. m--

I thought C cat cabins were just windows> Did your C cat have a verandah??

whoops sorry,,I dont suppose you know if c cabins have an obstructed view? some plans say they do, some dont,would appreciate your feed back

many thanks

There's nothing to be sorry about.

I don't have experience with this ship, but I'd say they're all somewhat obstructed simply because you have 8-10 feet of deck between the window and the actual side of the ship. On some ships, I also know that there can be a stairwell outside the window. In addition, you can have life raft launching stations between the window and the view.

The BIG verandah I was referring to is the public Promenade Deck. It is not a private verandah but your room will be very handy to be able to go outside and enjoy the deck. From your window you will see across the deck and see passengers walking around on the deck and there are ship structures but there is also a great view. I hope you enjoy it. m--

Archived