Cabins 4226 or 4235 on Pride

Tedson

These are still available on a cruise I'm looking at and wondered if they're any better or worse than other Cat. 11's? If anyone has stayed in either, can you let me know how you liked it? Thanks. :)

I have seen the inside of those cabins and they are pretty nice. A good size. They are one big room and are not broken up with separate rooms like the corner suites. Be warned that the balcony is not as big as it looks in the brochure or on the Carnival site. There is a set of stairs that leads down to deck three right next to the cabin and this takes away from your balcony space. I would say that the balcony is about 10 feet long by 4 feet wide. Unless the price is really good I would pass on it.

like Gordon said--these cat 11 are big but the cabin is all in one - you dont have a sitting area and the beds in a seperate area. I seen the cabin on deck 6 same location. But that cabin on deck 4 seems a lot larger considering that it holds 2 people. THe one on deck 6 held 4.

Thanks Gordon and Serene56 for the replies. I can see why those aft wraparound cabins get snapped up so quickly...between the long balconies and the separate bedroom area, I can see why they're so popular. Thanks Gordon for the heads up on the stairway. The thing that makes me hesitant about the Cat. 11's amidships on deck 6 is it appears they look down on the lifeboats below and one of the things I love most about a cruise is looking down at the ocean from the balcony. So that's why I was looking at 4226 and 4235. But the other thing is the depth (width?) of the balcony...these look like they're less than the ones on deck 6.

Ah, decisions, decisions :D

I'll be in 4226 in 6 days and I can drop in and give the scoop and some photos, if it will still be of value to you.

This was a last minute booking for us and also our first cruise. Booked it through Costco's travel agency and it was almost $300 less per person.

We just got back from a cruise on the Pride.

We were 3 in room 6183. Our son slept in the bed that came down from the ceiling. This left the lower sofa free for sitting and cluttering. We had a nice sized dressing area, too many drawers & hangers (no kidding), double sinks and a jacuzzi tub/shower.

Our balcony did look down on a lifeboat, but it didn't matter at all. As a matter of fact, the lifeboat was visited by several birds at different times and they were delightful to see and hear. Ocean watching was great and the balcony was big enough for 3 chairs and a table.

The cabin is considered "aft", but it was indeed very mid-ships--both side-to-side and top-to-bottom. We were also in the middle of a long hallway with no room door across from us. We had absolutely no noise from stairs, elevators, housekeeping, kids, etc. We kept the balcony door open with a bungy cord every night and loved the lapping of the ocean.

I just booked a cruise on the Triumph for August and chose another Empress deck Cat. 11 away from the stairs & elevators. I can't wait!

Happy Cruising!

Anamoly, good luck with your first cruise; hope you love it as much as we did ours 3 years ago. I venture to say upon your return, you'll be looking to book another one. :) Let me know how it turns out if you have the time, okay?

OHCruiser, glad you enjoyed that cabin. There's just the two of us so it sounds as if we'll have plenty of room. The jacuzzi tub/shower sounds neat; our Cat. 11 on Paradise didn't have one. The lifeboat thing still troubles me a bit though. I really do like looking straight down at the ocean.

Anamoly, good luck with your first cruise; hope you love it as much as we did ours 3 years ago. I venture to say upon your return, you'll be looking to book another one. :) Let me know how it turns out if you have the time, okay?

I'll drop by the Internet Lounge and drop a note as early on as I can. It's only fair - I wouldn't have been able to figure any of this out without this Board. I certainly get more curious about this cabin each day. Was just looking at the 2005-2006 Carnival brochure booklet and it makes the balcony look shorter than many others (cutting off before the end of the cabin) but it shows the cabin itself as far larger than the ones above it in the same spot. We shall see.

We're dying with anticipation of our first cruise and my GF is busily outfitting us for the experience. :)

Was just looking at the 2005-2006 Carnival brochure booklet and it makes the balcony look shorter than many others (cutting off before the end of the cabin) but it shows the cabin itself as far larger than the ones above it in the same spot. We shall see.

Hmm...I guess this bears out what Gordon was saying about the balcony and the staircase. I was looking at an old brochure (2003-2004), and it looked longer. Oh well, we went and booked 4235 yesterday for the 5/22 cruise. Looking forward to the large cabin area :D

Archived