Dawn Room Selection

pitz0005

I have sailed RCCL, CCL, and once on NCL. I know both RCCL and CCL have some "secret" rooms on some of their ships. For example on the front of many CCL ships they have "inside" rooms with a window that are also much larger than a standard inside.

We are looking at booking a cruise on the Dawn out of Tampa (7 day) and we are trying to pick a room. It does 4 ports, so we are looking at an inside or oceanview. I can pick any inside I want for $100 more than one on the 5th floor. Personally I kind of like the location of the 5th floor room, so if all the other insides are the same I might just save the $100 for the bar.

An obstructed ocean view is about $250 more. Not a ton of money, but the size difference is only a few feet. I have read some about the "sideways" cabins, but am having a tough time figuring if these are really better. I read a couple places that some of the sideways cabins were actually smaller. Does anyone have any specific cabin numbers they really like on this ship class. Any pictures? Thanks in advance for your help.

I was looking at rooms around 5573 or 5087. It looks like there are pay restaurants above, so it seems like it should be quiet during sleeping hours. These rooms indicate they hold 3. Some of the other rooms show 4. Is there any difference in the actual room? Do either of them have couches? Does anyone have any experience in these rooms? Thanks again!

Archived