Pre Hotel Tampa & Ground Transportation

Jim&Trina1980

We are going to arrive very late, Midnight, in Tampa. Last time we were there stayed near convention center. Looking for recommendations perhaps being close to airport or near cruise port. Ground transportation from airport that late at night and again in the AM. Thanks! Jim & Trina

We are going to arrive very late, Midnight, in Tampa. Last time we were there stayed near convention center. Looking for recommendations perhaps being close to airport or near cruise port. Ground transportation from airport that late at night and again in the AM. Thanks! Jim & Trina

I would recommend Holiday Inn or Fairfield Inn, Rocky Point not sure their shuttle service operates that late but cab will be minimal and they offer a free shutle to the port and will pick you up upon your return and take you to the airport.

Most hotel shuttles will probably not operate that late but if you select a hotel near the airport, your taxi fare will be pretty low. Look for hotels in the Westshore, Rocky Point or Tampa airport area. The DoubleTree near Westshore was already mentioned but there is also the LaQuinta Tampa Airport, Holiday Inn-Hampton Inn and Chase Suites all in the Rocky Point area as well. These hotels are only 5-10 min from the airport.

:):)

Very helpful information that everyone has sent. First, I did not realize that a hotel would pick you up at the cruise port and take you back to the airport. I thought the "free" ride was from hotel to port only. That is good to know.

Some I hear will allow you to park your car if you drive at the hotel while at sea. We usually take a Pre & Post hotel however this time just a pre. I hope we do not regret that but our flights out are not until 1230pm so should not be of concern. We ended up getting room at Hampton in Ybor for our pre departure and they offer a shuttle to port. I was surprised to find so many hotel options were full at 2 months out. Guess we need to book further out but then I find cruise prices are higher when we book 6 mo out. Thanks again for the tips.

We had a business meeting there last year. Nice facility, free airport shuttle and they will arrange a taxi for you to get to the port.

Our last cruise we did the Post stay at Double Tree. They had a shuttle that took us to a nearby mall and picked us up. Very nice stay We did Embassy Suites on Pre. Both are Hilton properties and the beds were very very comfortable! We are at Hampton Inn this trip and hope that it is as comfy at the other Hilton properties. Thanks

Archived