Allure pictures to go with my review

shamda

Looks a bit overwhelming to me. I like the Jewel of the Seas. If I want a mall, I'll go to the Mall at Millennia here in Orlando. If I want Central Park, I'd MUCH rather go to NYC (love that CITY!). I like the windows/glass on the Jewel, and the open air seating in the Windjammer, and the uncrowded feeling I get when I'm on that ship. Going on the Serenade next - hope it's a lot like the Jewel. I'm older (63) - maybe that's why I like smaller and more relaxed ;)

Is that a sort of Cirque show with water? I saw "O" in Vegas -- I'm sure I'd be underwhelmed by this. I guess if you've spent time in Vegas, NYC, Chicago, Disney, London, Paris, etc., this big ship might pale in comparison to the actual places/shows. If not, maybe this ship is exciting?

Just mho.;)

I was on the Jewel of the Seas also and I agree with you. I loved the ship and I think it is the best of the RCCL classes. The Allure is much different. Not comparing apples to apples.

Looks a bit overwhelming to me. I like the Jewel of the Seas. If I want a mall, I'll go to the Mall at Millennia here in Orlando. If I want Central Park, I'd MUCH rather go to NYC (love that CITY!). I like the windows/glass on the Jewel, and the open air seating in the Windjammer, and the uncrowded feeling I get when I'm on that ship. Going on the Serenade next - hope it's a lot like the Jewel. I'm older (63) - maybe that's why I like smaller and more relaxed ;)

The show was similar to O in vegas. I saw O when it first came out and loved it. This is a much smaller production, so it is a shrunk down version of O. The entertainment on Allure was very good. The other lines should make note of what they are doing. Like I said in my review the shows were great, but it was stressful getting to them.

Is that a sort of Cirque show with water? I saw "O" in Vegas -- I'm sure I'd be underwhelmed by this. I guess if you've spent time in Vegas, NYC, Chicago, Disney, London, Paris, etc., this big ship might pale in comparison to the actual places/shows. If not, maybe this ship is exciting?

Just mho.;)

I enjoyed the last hour so much looking at your photo's which were absolutely beautiful. I've been looking for a photo since Christmas to use as my screen saver on the laptop Santa gave me. I loved the one at Nachi looking out over the pool and Ocean. My daughter and I went to Nachi and forgot to take the camera so it reminds me of when we were there. I now have a new screen saver. Thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into showing us your fantastic pics. I'd buy a copy of each one if there was a way to do that. Just lovely.

E-Beth

Thank you so much for all the pictures and thoughts on the Allure.

We took our first cruise ever, 3 nights on the Disney Dream and fell in love with cruising. We saw the Freedom of the Seas at the port and decided that would be the next ship we sail on. Now that I have been looking into it, it always seems like people recommend the Oasis class over the Freedom so I thought I was missing something.

I have been trying to pick between the Freedom vs one of the Oasis class and then between the Eastern and Western. Your review and pictures are making me think we might be better off going with our first choice of the Freedom. We are more interested in the ports/excursions than spending all of our time on the ship. We are not really big on the shows, we mostly just want a fun ship for DD and beautiful beaches with snorkeling/activities for DH. I like that the Freedom makes on extra stop on the Western or goes to Cococay instead of Nassau on the Eastern. It looks like the Eastern will be better for us.

Thanks again!

Wow, thanks so much for letting me know. I am glad you were able to use one of my pictures as your screen saver. If you want me to send you the picture as I have it let me know. I can email it to you. If you save it from this thread you will get the small version of it. I would be happy to send you the high quality image if you want it.

I enjoyed the last hour so much looking at your photo's which were absolutely beautiful. I've been looking for a photo since Christmas to use as my screen saver on the laptop Santa gave me. I loved the one at Nachi looking out over the pool and Ocean. My daughter and I went to Nachi and forgot to take the camera so it reminds me of when we were there. I now have a new screen saver. Thanks so much for all the time and effort you put into showing us your fantastic pics. I'd buy a copy of each one if there was a way to do that. Just lovely.

E-Beth

You're right, it did come out small and I didn't know why. I would LOVE for you to email me the bigger one. You are the sweetest thing. My email is ebethdunlap@bellsouth.net. Thanks so much!!! Just love that picture at Nachi. My kids just laugh at me beacuse I call it Nachi, almost like Nacho. Just to remind you it's the pic looking at the pool and ocean. Beautiful!! :D It looked just like that the day we were there and I did not have a camera.

Thanks again. You are a luv!

E-Beth

I guess if you've spent time in Vegas, NYC, Chicago, Disney, London, Paris, etc., this big ship might pale in comparison to the actual places/shows. If not, maybe this ship is exciting?

Just mho.;)

I've spent time in all of those places and I still find cruising VERY exciting ;)

Really great pictures, Shamda. Photography is also my hobby and I do NOT want to sound rude, but do you ever use the horizon straightener?

I use it all the time and I thought you might benefit from it as well, it'd make your sunset photos completely professional. It helped me a lot :o

I'd also love to have the cruise compass, when you have the time.

Thank You very much.

sinppu@gmail.com

I have not used the horizon straighterner before, I will take a look at it and try it. Thanks so much for the suggestion! Compass on its way to you now.

I've spent time in all of those places and I still find cruising VERY exciting ;)

Really great pictures, Shamda. Photography is also my hobby and I do NOT want to sound rude, but do you ever use the horizon straightener?

I use it all the time and I thought you might benefit from it as well, it'd make your sunset photos completely professional. It helped me a lot :o

I'd also love to have the cruise compass, when you have the time.

Thank You very much.

sinppu@gmail.com

Your photos are fantastic. I had to go look to see what kind of camera you have and (sigh) I guess it's kind of like the Canon EOS Mark 5D which I want. In other words, out of my price range for now. I have a Canon T1i and it takes great pics, but the ones in the dark without flash tend to be VERY noisy. Your pics don't have noise, but you didn't use flash. Amazing!

Someday I will probably sail on the Allure or Oasis, but will plan on the ship being the destination rather than the ports. I don't care for the Western Ports, and have already been to the Eastern ports several times.

I guess it's kind of like the Canon EOS Mark 5D which I want. In other words, out of my price range for now. I have a Canon T1i and it takes great pics, but the ones in the dark without flash tend to be VERY noisy. Your pics don't have noise, but you didn't use flash. Amazing!

I use Canon EOS 1100D and my photos are NEARLY as good as Shamdas. NEARLY. :D

I got my cruise compasses also, yey and TY!

This was a great review. Wow.

The headliner show as Ronn Lucas. He is a well knows ventriloquist. He was very good. Unfortunately as we were waiting for the show to start, a passenger had a medical emergency as he was coming into the theatre. We are pretty sure he passed away. They turned the house lights on and evacuated the theatre before the show started. The next day was a sea day and they rescheduled the show for 2:00 the next day.

2931788920102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2383826680102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2114945240102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2189769970102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2394986180102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2823469840102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

Thank you , thank you!! Your pictures are amazing and you can most certainly tell the time and effort you put into your hobby! I have been looking for a thread like yours. I read your review first and was excited to find the pictures as well! I like to do a ton of research before I travel and it is threads like Yours that are the most helpful. My dh and i are planning our first cruise and are having a difficult time deciding between the Allure and Celebrity Reflection! :confused:

Howard:

Thank you so much for the review and beautiful photos. I will be on Allure on November 4, 2012. Since I am an obsessive planner, I had started to look around the board for information and hit this gold mine of a thread. Would you please send me the compass? My email is bschoon60@aol.com - thanks.

I am going to go to the board for that sailing and send the to this thread. Again - beautiful pictures!

Barb:)

The headliner show as Ronn Lucas. He is a well knows ventriloquist. He was very good. Unfortunately as we were waiting for the show to start, a passenger had a medical emergency as he was coming into the theater. We are pretty sure he passed away. They turned the house lights on and evacuated the theater before the show started. The next day was a sea day and they rescheduled the show for 2:00 the next day.

2931788920102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2383826680102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2114945240102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2189769970102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2394986180102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

2823469840102647168S600x600Q85.jpg

Saw his act on the Freedom in September and he was hilarious. I swear he has a split personality with the dummy being the smarter of the two.

Archived